Gran Caribe Real Cancun Brides Post Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrity View Post
Hi Carolyn, I was just wondering if you know anything about the hairdressing and flower shops, are there outside flower shops or do we hae to go with the in house prices and the grasn does not have a hair salon so we have to go next door to the sister resort was just wondering if you have any different ifnformation on this. We are from Canada and need to get an aposilles, did you have to get that done too? Thanks for any and all info.
Bette-Jo

Hello Bette-Jo

I will be staying at the Royal (Sister hotel) but will be having the wedding at the Gran Caribe. My friend who is coming to the wedding is a hairdresser and a makeup artist so she will be doing all of us girls. Sorry I can't help you on that. I do know that my mother has been to the spa at the Royal and she said it was great. I was originally born in Ontario Canada and I had to get my Birth Cert. legalized from the Mexican Consolate after getting certified by the Ministry of Government for Ontario. I did have to get FI apostiolle done because he is American. It was pretty easy. I called the record dept and explain what I need it so they told me to just write a letter requesting for a long form BC and that it needs an apostiolle and they forward it to the State dept that does that for a fee of $10.00 and the fee for a long form BC was $40.00. Once I received all that information I forward just the Long form BC to World Access Translation for a fee of $40.00 each they translated each BC. I do remember somewhere in my reading that Alberta is has different rules for you. I would contact the Mexican consulate and see what you have to do or call the local govement office and see if they can direct you. I did all of my paper work over the summer of 2008 so it was out of the way. Nothing expries and it will all be within the year so Patty said that would be perfect. Some ladies on here have gotten legally married without any of these paper work but Patty said that I need it in order to have a legal wedding.Flowers I will just use in house due to the fact I'm only getting my bouquet and a boutonniere for him. My flower girl and 3 other girls will be carring a Parasols instead of flower. I hope this helps somewhat. Sorry for such a long write up.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J G View Post
Hi Ladies,

I am sorry for my delay getting back to you, I am leaving tomorrow ¡!! Cancun here we go!!
I promise, I´ll back to you with information, Woww Mannia very expensive, I know there is a lot of good comments from mannia, but why don´t try with other guy?
Florist - Paty told me we can´t bring in an outside florist!! So I have to meet her.
DJ - Fee 100 US per person.

My ceremony will be at the Gazebo, and reception next to the Gazebo there is a private area, with private bar service and waiters included in the same price.

Don´t need t rent a private area, if you are paying for the service the area is included.

See yaaa
At the time I just saw how many great write ups I saw on Mannia and Music is very important to me so I just went for it. I also thought at the time I was good pricing considering I had a friend that just got married in NY paid about 3000 for onlly 4 hours and no dance floor. I see now that if I looked around I would have found a better deal. Oh well live and learn.

What is DJ for a $100 per person? Or is that what you are paying per plate charge? Sorry if I miss understood anything.

I just choose to have the reception in the ballroom instead of outside. I'm not paying more for the ballroom. I'm paying 30 for the cocktail hour outside by the Gazebo and $60 for the reception (in ballroom) per person a grand total of $90.00 per plate charge or per person. I also felt that the guest being outside from 5 to 7 for ceremoney (5 -5:45) and cocktail hour (5:45 - 7) they would like the AC for dinner and dancing from 7 to 12 Midnight. I wil be extending the ceremony the Judge will be leaving 20 minutes into the ceremony but I have something that I would like done that the guest will be reading two peoms and sand ceremony. I firgured that would be about 15 minutes of time bring the ceremony to almost 40 minutes

Please keep us posted on the florist maybe I'll change my mind by the time I arrive regarding the flowers. Have a wonderful time done there and can't wait for your feedback and the information you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
Hello Bette-Jo

I will be staying at the Royal (Sister hotel) but will be having the wedding at the Gran Caribe. My friend who is coming to the wedding is a hairdresser and a makeup artist so she will be doing all of us girls. Sorry I can't help you on that. I do know that my mother has been to the spa at the Royal and she said it was great. I was originally born in Ontario Canada and I had to get my Birth Cert. legalized from the Mexican Consolate after getting certified by the Ministry of Government for Ontario. I did have to get FI apostiolle done because he is American. It was pretty easy. I called the record dept and explain what I need it so they told me to just write a letter requesting for a long form BC and that it needs an apostiolle and they forward it to the State dept that does that for a fee of $10.00 and the fee for a long form BC was $40.00. Once I received all that information I forward just the Long form BC to World Access Translation for a fee of $40.00 each they translated each BC. I do remember somewhere in my reading that Alberta is has different rules for you. I would contact the Mexican consulate and see what you have to do or call the local govement office and see if they can direct you. I did all of my paper work over the summer of 2008 so it was out of the way. Nothing expries and it will all be within the year so Patty said that would be perfect. Some ladies on here have gotten legally married without any of these paper work but Patty said that I need it in order to have a legal wedding.Flowers I will just use in house due to the fact I'm only getting my bouquet and a boutonniere for him. My flower girl and 3 other girls will be carring a Parasols instead of flower. I hope this helps somewhat. Sorry for such a long write up.
Hi Carolyn, Well the good news is patty e mailed me and told me the laws have changed and been the kids are single not divorced or whatever that they no do not need the aposilles, all they now need is their passports and the tourist card we get on the plane, we have had the bc notorized the only thing we havent done it take it to the mexican colsulate, so now from what I understand we dont need too....sure wish we would have know all this before but oh well, thank you so much for all the info we really really appriciate it. Bette-Jo

Hola amigos !!

My spanish is better hahaha, just to say hello girls, read my comments on new thread DJ Doremixx Vs. DJ Mannia, about Ivan from Doremixx, today I´ll meeting with florist and Arturo - funeverphotos´owner, I will let you know about it.

Hasta la vista amigas!!

Do you have a photobucket account? It seems to be the best way to post pictures. Open an account upload your images. Then from there just copy the IMG CODE. Add the code to you post and the images is there. I hope these helps. Did you get can information on the Videographer??

• 3 weeks later...

This is for Debbielea or anyone that is getting married at the gran caribe, We are so undicided about the reception, there are only going to be 30 of us so we are wondering if we should do the ala carte restaurant and then have drinks and speeches and a short dance on the terrace, we do already have the terrace booked for 4 hours, but are just real unsure about the meal and what to do...the menu patty sent us just didn't really appeal to us...darn fussy people huh...if anyone could help thank you very much..

BJ

• 1 month later...

Hi there...my daughter just got married at the gran caribe real in cancun on April 24th 2009 and it was absolutely awesome....she used funever photographers and they were really good too...Patty Hernandez was the wc and she was soooo accommodating she made it a perfect beautiful wedding...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi girls, I'm getting married in November at the Gran Caribe Real as well and am SOO excited! What rooms have you booked for yourselves... did you get the free wedding package or what package did you go with? :) I'd also love to see pictures of previous weddings and setups!

• 4 weeks later...

I know alot of brides are looking for family resorts that have chapels- this one sounds fantastic!

Gran Caribe Real Cancun opens Roman Catholic chapel

By: Kenneth Kiesnoski

June 16, 2009

Real Resorts has opened Cancun's only consecrated Roman Catholic resort chapel on the grounds of the 477-suite Gran Caribe Real Cancun.

The chapel -- available for weddings, First Communions and other religious services -- is the latest in the all-inclusive chain's growing list of romance-themed facilities and services, which also includes beachfront weddings and vow renewals, private Lear jet transportation to add from the U.S. and Canada, limousine transfers, nine nuptials packages, honeymoon deals and a la carte wedding arrangements.

The all-glass, beachfront Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Chapel was dedicated in April.

"There's no other resort in Cancun with a Catholic chapel consecrated by the [local] bishop," said Monica Roberts, Real's corporate director of operations. "It's also unique in that we can offer marriages on Sundays, when priests usually are not available."

The chapel is available to couples staying at the family-oriented Gran Caribe Real Cancun and the adjacent, adults-only the Royal Cancun.

Real Resorts also offers Jewish, Protestant, civil and --- with its Mayan Experience wedding package -- shamanistic ceremonies at its five all-inclusive properties in Cancun and Playa del Carmen. (Real's other resorts are the Royal Playa del Carmen, Gran Porto Real Playa del Carmen and Real Playa del Carmen.)

"We offer a range of choices, from the most simple weddings to the most luxurious ceremony," said Graciela Ochoa, groups and conventions director.

Real's nine wedding packages are the Free Wedding, Romance Wedding, Classic Wedding, Classic Catholic Wedding, Royal Catholic Wedding, Mayan Experience, Eternal Romance Wedding, Luxury Wedding and Ultimate Luxury Wedding.

"We have many options to offer, many locations and many choices," added Ochoa. "If couples don't like any of the packages, they can pick what they want."

According to Roberts, Real Resorts hosts an average of 700 weddings a year. The chain hopes to grow that figure to 1,200 ceremonies annually, largely thanks to its new white-sand beach at Cancun, replenished after devastating Hurricane Wilma in 2005.

"We're really pushing the weddings market in Cancun," she said. "What most couples are looking for is to get married directly on the beach. That's what they come for."