Photo

eBay

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 amberlynne87

amberlynne87
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:24 PM

So I listed my wedding dress on eBay and the listing was going to end on Sunday. eBay ended my listing because I was violating the copyright of Alfred Angelo because I used the pictures from the website to show my dress. There are so many listing on eBay that use these pictures!!! Someone who is actually from Alfred Angelo reported me to eBay. This was my first time listing on eBay and I didn't realize what I was doing was wrong especially since so many other sellers were using those pictures. Ugh! Well I relisted it again but used my own pictures. Hopefully I don't have any problems.

#2 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
    • 4,512 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

Ugh Amber that sucks! So what happens? They just remove your listing or does it effect your rating or anything like that?
      *Formerly Nikki07*
      My Planning Thread

#3 aimee!

aimee!
      • 696 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:32 PM

ugh what a pain! i had no idea you couldn't do that... although thinking about it it makes sense. but what about all those online bridal websites that use the designers pictures? and i'm sure your ebay add said exactly who the dress was designed by.

good luck selling it!
        Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#4 Debbi803

Debbi803
        • 108 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 24, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Herrington Harbor Marina, MD

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:46 PM

why are you selling your dress if your wedding isn't until 2010?

#5 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
        • 3,347 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:56 AM

I think is is a 2 dress bride, found another one she liked better.
          ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#6 DGG

DGG
          • 275 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:46 AM

It did the same thing to me.. It said the Alfred Angelo company reported that I violated copyright infringement, so mine was taken down also.. I thought it was because I said the brand name in my description... I didn't get it either.. so I gave up on ebay for my dress..

#7 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
            • Vendor
            • 2,782 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:38 AM

Ebay doesn't usually do it by itself. Someone has to report it to them first. I guess Alfred Angelo has nothing better to do these days:)

#8 amberlynne87

amberlynne87
              • 148 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

Yeah it was all Alfred Angelo. I am trying one last time on eBay. I reworded my description and took pictures of the dress myself. I'm surprised they haven't reported anyone on this site for posting pictures from the websites. There are so many other listings on eBay that use the pictures and they are still listed. It is a bunch of bull. haha Maybe if Alfred Angelo would take refunds, returns, exchanges, or whatever they wouldn't have this problem!!

#9 amberlynne87

amberlynne87
                • 148 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Debbi803
                  why are you selling your dress if your wedding isn't until 2010?
                  I found a better dress. This one didn't feel like a "wedding dress" to me. My new one screams wedding dress! haha

#10 amberlynne87

amberlynne87
                  • 148 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Dmitri_Markine
                    Ebay doesn't usually do it by itself. Someone has to report it to them first. I guess Alfred Angelo has nothing better to do these days:)
                    yeah they don't have anything else better to do...i had one day to go and the listing would have ended with no troubles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users