Photo

Toronto Area Girls - Get together!

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 ~Keira~

~Keira~
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

Crystal / Nikki - I can meet you a Union if you are taking the GO or subway down town. If we end up getting lost at least we won't be alone. lol.
    ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#22 *Lo*

*Lo*
    • 2,993 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

Yes there will be really good directions we can do that!

We definitely should start discussing locations as well. So we have the Bathurst and Bloor place, any other suggestions?

I was thinking since there are some girls coming in on the GO, that we may want to find a place that isn't TOO far away from there...as they are already commuting. So something that is walking distance from Union might be preferable.

#23 ~Keira~

~Keira~
      • 1,338 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

There are a ton of places on Front Street. Jack Astors and Caseys both have rather large patios. They are street level though so there would be people walking by. Both resturantsdo a good job of trying to keep it private though with greenry and such.

#24 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,532 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:57 AM

Yum I love Jack Astors!

#25 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
          • 4,512 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KLee147
            Crystal / Nikki - I can meet you a Union if you are taking the GO or subway down town. If we end up getting lost at least we won't be alone. lol.
            Sounds good! I am directionally handicapped so me in Down town Toronto alone = being lost and missing the get together lol.
            *Formerly Nikki07*
            My Planning Thread

#26 *Lo*

*Lo*
            • 2,993 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:18 AM

That Jack Astors on Front St is actually a fairly good place for groups. And it's a 5 minute walk from the Go station.

Maybe for our first meetup we should keep it easy and not venture too far or get too crazy and we could make a reservation there. I think August 14th I have to go to the Argo's game but after the games everyone always goes to Jack Astors so I could meet up with whoever is still there. (Or meet up before I go to the game) Any of the other dates I should be good to go!

#27 ~Keira~

~Keira~
              • 1,338 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

That seem hardly fair if you have to miss out on your own initiated get together. What time does your Argos game start?

#28 *Lo*

*Lo*
                • 2,993 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

I think they start around 7. I'm not 100% sure. FI had to buy tickets because his best friend is the VP of sales. So every year we always are forced to buy at least for one game.

We can wait a bit and see if there is any more interest in any of the other days and decide. But it looks like the 14th is what works well for most people.

#29 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
                  • 406 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Nikki07
                    Sounds good! I am directionally handicapped so me in Down town Toronto alone = being lost and missing the get together lol.
                    LMAO!! Okay finally I have found someone who is just as bad with directions as me! I am rediculous when it comes to directions 'n stuff. I dont even know my north, south, east and west unless i know which way the street runs pretty much! I'm rediculous lol
                    So Yes, meeting up is a definite plan!!!!!!

#30 Chanti

Chanti
                    • 310 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

Sounds great! August 7th and 14th work for me. Crystal, I also live in Whitby so we could take the GO train back together :-)
                      What time are we thinking? I work downtown so could stick around at the office to catch up a bit!
                      Chantal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users