Paradisus Punta Cana June 9, 2009 Dream Wedding

If anyone is questioning where in Punta Cana to get married, THIS IS THE PLACE!

I was one of the "unfortunate" brides whose dream wedding in Mexico was cancelled because of the Swine Flu....however I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason. And I honestly believe we could not have had a better, more beautiful wedding than we did June 9, 2009 at the Paradisus Resort.

First off, this resort is breathtaking the second you arrive. The lobby is gorgeous, the grounds are well kept with lush greenery EVERYWHERE.

The resort is HUGE, which at first I thought was going to be a downer, but it turned out to be better then I could have ever imagined. There was enough places for everyone to site see, you could get a way from the group if you wanted, yet all of us seemed to find eachother frequently throughout the day and at night. They have transportation which zooms you around the resort getting you where you want to go quickly, and if you choose to walk it really isn't that far either.

The front counter staff were very accommodating when we asked that all of our group be in the same area, we ended up being in buildings 22, 23, 24, and 25. The rooms are not brand new, but you can tell that they have been recently renovated. The beds & pillows are soft, and the rooms are kept very clean. Obviously some people had bug problems, after all we're in the Dominican!!!

I was slightly stressed upon arrival to Punta Cana, first off it was raining when we arrived which scared me because the last thing I wanted was rain on our wedding day (who does!!?!?)....

We met with Inoska, our wedding coordinator, the next morning and all my stresses were put to rest. Even though I had only received 3 or 4 brief emails from her in the one month of planning we had, she was very organized. She was proffessional, polite and understanding. She asked us what we wanted and got it done. After meeting with her I knew our day would be great and that I had nothing to worry about.

I was very worried about my hair for the BIG day, so I had a hair trial 2 days before. I am sooo happy I did this. Although the girl (Ana) did a pretty good job the first time, it wasn't perfect. I went prepared, had pictures of what I wanted. Ana did not speak very much english so the receptionist was translating for her. Ana seemed very confident, which reassured me. The only real problem was my bangs, she couldn't figure out how I wanted them. They allowed us to take pictures so on the day of the wedding I took the pictures from the trial and explained what I wanted differently, and it turned out PERFECT! I absolutley loved my hair on my wedding day, I felt and looked like a princess.

I have tried to attatch some pictures so you can see how beautiful the resort, wedding gazebo and my hair was!!! When I have time I will finish my review on Paradisus Punta Cana, but untill then if any of you bride-to-be's have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Joyanna - I cant wait to see your pics!!!! I am also a PPC bride and can't say enough about it!!!

The best way to upload pics is to put them on Photobucket and then copy/paste the IMG code into your post here on BDW.

CONGRATS!!!!

Ha, ya whoops a little tiny! Ya we were afraid of rain so we had our reception in the Terrace...it's very secluded and they set it up beautifully! And it didn't rain, but we were still very pleased with our decision to have it in the Terrace...the only problem is it was HOTTER then hot, luckily we all had fans, and Inoska brought in some electrical fans so we had a little bit of a breeze!

I must add to that they did not charge us extra for any of our decorations at the gazebo or at the terrace! Inoska really helped us get around some of the budget loop holes!!

Joyanna you looked stunnning (I too am wishing the pix were bigger)... maybe you could pop up some that haven't been shrunken! It's an option in PhotoBucket before you upload.

I am thrilled to read that the Swine Flu didn't hinder your perfect day.

Congratulations!

Ok...im gonna need you to post a review and post those pics. Either my eyes are playing tricks on me or you were one HOT bride, hehe. I had to run and get my glasses. Gorgeous! I was highly considering the terrace until my WC and i spoke with Teresa about privatizing a restaurant for one set price. But now after your pictures im back to the terrace. Im not convinced that privitizing would be cheaper; although we are expecting like 80 folks. How many people in your party?