Place Cards - IDEAS NEEDED! Please!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:58 PM

Is anyone NOT doing place cards? I was just going to let people dit where they want to, since by then it should be a pretty good mingle-fest with everyone getting to know each other. or do you think it's better to have assigned seats/tables?

#22 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:40 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by foxytv
      Is anyone NOT doing place cards? I was just going to let people dit where they want to, since by then it should be a pretty good mingle-fest with everyone getting to know each other. or do you think it's better to have assigned seats/tables?
      same here, I am not doing placecards, I am trying to make it less formal...

#23 Wisco4

Wisco4
      • 666 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:51 PM

The only problem I can see with not having placecards is couples getting split up. You know, if everyone grabs a seat leaving one here, one there...
        I suppose guests would figure it out.

~Amanda

#24 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:00 PM

Quote:
          I never thought of that. Not doing them would make my life so much easier

#25 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:15 PM

Quote:
            funny... I originally said that I did not want to hassel with seating arrangements but then I saw those infamous starfish with the name cards attached and thought that I had to have them! My shipment just arrived this past weekend!

#26 Wisco4

Wisco4
            • 666 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:08 AM

I think I'm doing these or something like it...Click the image to open in full size.
              ~Amanda

#27 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:11 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amyh
                funny... I originally said that I did not want to hassel with seating arrangements but then I saw those infamous starfish with the name cards attached and thought that I had to have them! My shipment just arrived this past weekend!
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by lizz10179
                I never thought of that. Not doing them would make my life so much easier
                The only problem I can see with not having placecards is couples getting split up. You know, if everyone grabs a seat leaving one here, one there...
                I suppose guests would figure it out.
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by beachbride
                same here, I am not doing placecards, I am trying to make it less formal...
                Thanks Ladies! Yeah, I am sure guests will figure it out. I don't think couples being split up will be a problem since everyone will have gotten to know each other at one of three welcome cocktail receptions and just mingling throughout the days ... so I'm sticking with no formal seating arrangements. Even for the bridal party.

And, it's still up in the air if our reception will be at the resort or on a yacht. The yacht will be a lobster/mixed grill buffet so I think people would be eating at different times/intervals anyway.

#28 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:15 AM

I haven't completely decided yet, but I think I might use these, cuz they match my std's. I figured I'd post it since so many people seem to be using the same colors (I am using orange, fushcia and blue).
                  Click the image to open in full size.

#29 Wisco4

Wisco4
                  • 666 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:25 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                    I haven't completely decided yet, but I think I might use these, cuz they match my std's. I figured I'd post it since so many people seem to be using the same colors (I am using orange, fushcia and blue).
                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    Cute, Carly, seems to go with your theme!
                    ~Amanda

#30 foxytv

foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:27 AM

Very cute! I might use that for other things. It matches my colors as well!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users