More to Love

~*Kathy*~

FOX Broadcasting Company: MORE TO LOVE

Anyone here planning on watching this show? It is premiering on July 28/09...from what I understand it's basically going to be like the Bachelor but for "larger" people. On one hand I think I might watch an episode or two to see what the fuss is, on the other hand I'm kind of insulted by the concept. Why can't the show's creator (Mike Fleiss creator of the Bachelor) cast more ladies like this on the Bachelor? It makes me feel like, if you're bigger than average, you should only be on one of these shows if it is a special show made for bigger people...which is a bunch of bs imo. What do you all think?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I want to check it out. I saw the preview last night and they said that the ladies ranges in sizes from 14-22. So that's pretty average for the "plus size" gal! I'm glad the guy is bigger also, it's more real to me and I can totally relate to the show. I'm very anxious to watch it and plan on setting it up on the PVR.

I'll watch it too....it is kinda weird though IMO I feel like people are attracted to all different types of people. Its not like all skinny girls date skinny guys and vice versa......

I'm looking forward to that show (no idea what its called) Love in the Dark maybehuh.gif Where they put people it total darkness and see who they match up with!!! That sounds more my style but i'm a reality TV junkie so chances are I'll watch anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSIE View Post
I'll watch it too....it is kinda weird though IMO I feel like people are attracted to all different types of people. Its not like all skinny girls date skinny guys and vice versa......
I agree 100% with you!

I was super skinny (size 6 and I'm 5'9") when Dave and I started dating and he was chunky. We're both chunky now LOL. I've yo-yo'd with my weight a few times, and I was a size 14 weighed about 190 and was dating someone who was skinnier (about 150 lbs.) than me.

I'm going to check this show out too. I don't know what to think about it though because I don't like how they categorize individuals based on how much they weigh. But then again it also shows that regardless of how much someone weighs you still can find love...and thats all that matters!

If anyone was watching the new season of Hells Kitchen last night, I am sure you saw the previews for the new Dating show called, "More to Love"

Now, I am a Big Girl myself, so when I saw this preview starting, before they even said the name, I said to DH.."OMG..I bet this is like the Bachelor for Big Girls" Not 2 seconds after i said that, they said it was from the creators of the Bachelor..LOL

And then the name came on, "More to Love" I was cracking up. Only because I nailed it.

Then I think I got a little offended.

I mean, why can't the Bachelor have Normal sized girls and Thinner girls in the same show? Why is there a whole seperate show for us?

& then another part of me is like, Oohh..now this is a show I can relate too & will probably love just as much, if not more, then the bachelor.

There is also that show "Dance your Ass Off", It's a weight loss show, but it's basically like a dancing with the stars type thing, for Bigger people.

I haven't actually watched this yet, I keep missing it.

Again, not sure what I think about that. I guess I will have to watch & see before I can judge.

Since I am a reality show junky (As some of you already know..LOL) I will definitely watch the first episode, because I am curious to see how this plays out.

I just wanted to know if anyone has seen the preview. It starts next Tuesday night on Fox (Or maybe it's next Thursday night) I will have to find out :-) and I wanted to see what you think :)

popcorn.gifsmile78.gifsmile72.gifsmile29.gif