Photo

***Iberostar Laguna Azul Brides***

• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

#71 RonNMel

RonNMel
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:54 PM

Thanks for the pictures Anya! It's nice to know that there is an alternative place for weddings in case of rain. Can't wait to see the actual wedding gazebo though.

#72 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
    • 583 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:56 AM

Those pics are awesome Anya! Thanks for posting!

#73 JNL2011

JNL2011
      • Site Supporter
      • 101 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:56 PM

I went with a TA who specifies with desentation weddings and they have contact with the supplier (signature vacations) and they give me a quote and i had to put 200 per person to hold the price MIN 10 people and have a one time rate reduction if the price drops lower then what we have.
        I flying blind doing this, but i figure i gave everyone who is attending the wedding enough time to save that they should be able to afford the price. IN the begin we were to marry in Mexico and that was way toooo expensive, so anything now is cheaper LOL
        Regarding the date I have emailed the resort and awaiting for her response. We are booked May 1 -May 8 2011 and planning to get married 4th or the 5th. My dad's birthday is the 3rd so do not want that to be my wedding date. But planning has begun.:)

#74 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
        • 450 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

Thanks for posting the pics Anya!! They look amazing!! And congrats JNL on getting things underway! What an exciting feeling...the rest will fall into place now :-)

#75 RonNMel

RonNMel
          • 388 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:53 PM

It's exactly the week we plan on going to ILA!! The very first week of May. Kinda weird to be talking with someone who could be getting married at the exact same time and place as me! Part of me thinks it's cool, and part of thinks "but it's my wedding day!" (though I very well know that I wouldn't be the only bride there.) LOL

#76 JNL2011

JNL2011
            • Site Supporter
            • 101 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:57 AM

I know what you mean and cause may is so popular and so is this resort. i think we might be one of many brides there. BUt it will be all fun.

#77 chevy14

chevy14
              • 183 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

Wondering if anyone has been able to get Yahimara to send a price list for flowers or spa services? I am curious to know what the options are for bouquets and centrepieces...Also, has anyone inquired about the ceremony wording? I'd like to know if we can supply what we would like read by the minister but I am having no luck getting info from Yahimara.

Thanks!

#78 RonNMel

RonNMel
                • 388 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:16 PM

I remember asking her this question at the beginning, but she replied with just the price of the total package. I'll try to have my TA ask her, as she speaks spanish. I will let you know if I get an answer. :)

#79 Salamander

Salamander
                  • 34 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:43 AM

I have heard that the construction has not been completed on the Wedding Gazebo yet. Has anyone heard when that will be, or the location of it? I like the idea of having the ceremony on the beach, but at the same time if the gazebo is overlooking the water you get the benefit of the view and can still walk around and dance in heels

#80 RonNMel

RonNMel
                    • 388 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

When I asked Yahimara about the wedding gazebo she said she did not know when it would be completed. (I asked her a couple of weeks ago)

As for booking the wedding date, I think they start taking reservations for 2011 in February.

JNL, we are booking May 1st to May 8th as well, gonna go put down the deposit this week. Our preferred date would be May 5th. If ever we get married on the same day, do you have any preference for time of the day?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users