Photo

***Iberostar Laguna Azul Brides***

• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

#21 PaulsGirl

PaulsGirl
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:29 PM

I was dealing with more than one agent at a time and I too felt pretty bad about it. But in the end, its all about what you can afford and what truly is the better deal.

We ended up going with Breakaway because it was the lowest price and she was completely willing to meet us on the weekends or evenings (unlike another TA I was dealing with). Also, my mom has booked numerous trips with them before and prefers to book with them.

Hopefully Kim can get you a good rate!
    *** Lisa ***http://tickers.Ticke....886d/event.png
    Married my Best Friend on May 5,2010Bride, Groom & 48 Guests Attended!

#22 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
    • 450 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:13 AM

Thanks Paulsgirl...I am gonna give her a call as well. I am using a TA now who is a family friend so I do feel kind of like I'm 'cheating' but like you said it is about getting the best rate.

#23 PaulsGirl

PaulsGirl
      • 63 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

The other thing that you can do is call another agency for a quote, and if they give you a lower rate, try and find out the details (especially the airline). Once you have this info, go back to your travel agent, give them the details and see if they can match the rate.

This is what I had done initially. I had gotten a quote from the 1st TA which seemed kind of high. I then went to Kim to actually not only matched the price but beat it. Once Kim had given me the best deal, I had gone back to the previous travel agent but they couldn't match it so I went with Kim instead :)

#24 clairisse

clairisse
        • 492 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

Thank you!
          Ok, now I feel less guilty. I didn't get a chance to call her today but she's top of my list tomorrow.
          :)

#25 krishna69z

krishna69z
          • 209 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

Has anyone tried contacting the resort lately? I had the email address that Paulsgirl posted bounce back to me. I think we've finally settled on this resort but can't get a hold of them to confirm :-(

#26 chela

chela
            • 17 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:15 PM

Hi everyone,
              I'm getting married at the Iberostar Laguna Azul on May 6, 2010. We will be there from May 2-16, 2010.

Maydelin's e-mail address now is comercial@laguna.co.cu
              61 Booked and counting...

#27 PaulsGirl

PaulsGirl
              • 63 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:06 PM

Hey Chela!

We're getting married there May 5, 2010!! We're there May 1-8 so our vacations overlap :)

#28 krishna69z

krishna69z
                • 209 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:44 PM

The decision is finally made and we've officially chosen Laguna Azul, so I'll be looking forward to seeing your reviews since I'm not until Dec 1, 2010.

Yahimara sent me a bunch of pics of the resort if anyone would like them, PM me with your email as there is 12 of them.

#29 AnyafromCineart

AnyafromCineart
                  • 238 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:34 PM

Hi girls, we are going to new Iberostar in November and I will post the pictures from there. As we are doing some photos for a wedding coordinator I will try to focus on important for a weddings details. You can post here if you have special requests - I will love to help you out.

Cheers!

#30 chevy14

chevy14
                    • 183 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

Hi Ladies,

Glad there is a thread just for us! I am getting married at ILA on April 27th, 2010. I am dying to see the first wedding photos from the resort, so it will be interesting to see who that first bride is!

So far, we have exactly 60 guests booked, inluding my fiance and I. My good friend is also getting married the same week, same resort as us so between our groups, we will be travelling with about 100 people!

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get specifics on where exactly their ceremony and reception will be taking place?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users