stressing about the dress

So I bought a dress off ebay that I hadn't even tried on because it was cheap and was everything I *said* I was looking for - even though I wasn't really in love with it (I tend to get too excited about things and rush into decisions). My fiance has offered to buy me ANY dress I want if I lose the weight we BOTH want me to. But now i'm starting to stress. Our wedding is in February and what if it takes me awhile to lose it then I don't have time to order a dress? What if i'm stuck buying something used or online again and end up with another dress i'm not totally in love withhuh.gif?

I'm REALLY kicking myself for rushing into such a decision and also for not talking him into spending the money on the one I wanted in the first place (hehe). Now I only have 7-8 months to lose weight AND find a dress!!!! AHHH!!! Ok maybe this should go in the venting/stressing section.

Don't stress!!! It will all work out in the end! Maybe ask him if he would also be willing to put some $$ towards a personal trainer who could possibly help you lose the weight faster. Plus if you find your dress now, why can't you order it?? You may have to pay quite a bit in alterations, but it may help motivate you even more to lose the weight. Then you will have 8 months to lose the weight stress-free while waiting for your dress to get in. And if you wait till the last minute you may have to pay rush-fees which could be just as much as extensive alterations.

I say talk to your FI and see if he will pay for the dress now and then just use that as motivation to lose the weight. Especially since losing the weight is something you want to do anyways. Plus guys don't always realize that a wedding dress can take 4-6 months to get in, I think sometimes they think a wedding dress fairy makes it magically appear!

thanks for the suggestion. My concern with that is that you can't always take dresses in and have them look good because of the detail. I'd really rather not spend a lot of money on a dress, lose two sizes, and not be able to have it altered. AND I really doubt he'd go for spending that kind of money before I lose the weight. He'd be worried I'd want to slack off then (and I might). Haha

I was really concerned with it to, since I am going to a personal trainer and ordered my dress last weekend. But my wedding dress lady and the company's seamstress came up and assured me that even if they had to take it in two sizes it would look the same. Also I ordered a bridesmaids dress for a wedding last October and the stupid bridal store people made me order it two sizes larger than what I needed (a long story, don't use demitros bridal in Scottsdale, Az) but my seamstress took it in and it looked exactly the same. Just food for thought! :)

A great seamstress is key!! I had a amazing seamstress that changed a bridesmaid dress that would have been suitable for one of madonnas concert costumes (think big pointy boobs) into a beautiful dress that fit me like a glove!! LOL