Where My Teachers At?!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 *Karla*

*Karla*
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:18 PM

Hey Ladies!

So a little background… This fall I will be entering into my 5th year in education (I’m a HS Counselor now, not a teacher anymore, but that’s not really important…) but it is my first full summer off. I have been in grad school since I started teaching, so every summer I have been in summer school. Last summer I taught SS, then took classes in July.

Here’s the deal…I am going stir crazy! What are you ladies doing all day to occupy your time? I have been cleaning the house (very slowly, one room @ a time, LOL), researching wedding stuff, on BDW, and working out an hour every day. But other than the 1hr at the gym, I am basically sitting on my butt all day. My FI said last night I am driving him crazy b/c he is at work all day, and comes home tired, but I have all this energy and want him to take me out to go do something.

I need help!!! What are you ladies doing this summer to keep your selves busy and off the couch?

#2 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
    • 1,681 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:42 PM

Hey there! I am an elementary teacher. I am so glad you started this thread. I want to see how many other teachers/counselors there are out there. I just layout at the pool to occupy time or spend time on BDW. Also, finishing up on wedding planning.

#3 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,328 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

i'm a teacher as well (HS spanish), but i'm working this summer.. bad decision. it sucks.

#4 SDSteph

SDSteph
        • 812 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:37 PM

I am a HS Chemistry/Biology Teacher. I took a job as a nanny for the summer for an amazing 7 year old boy. We don't have any kids yet so it is perfect. I put an ad on craiglist told all about myself and the most amazing couple in the world contacted me. I highly recomend this even if you do it part time. They have a pool so I can swim/excersise/layout as much as I want and spend as much time as I want on DWF. ha ha sorry I just realized I was braging a little. Just found ou that I go back on the 12th ug.........that is too soon. Don't feel like taking off my shorts and flip flops.
          Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#5 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
          • 1,681 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:05 AM

Wow, that is soon Steph. We start on the 24th. Sounds like you landed a great job for the summer. Katrina-I want to get certified in ESL, that is next on my list!

#6 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,328 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:18 AM

ESL is a good field to get into, but it really depends on where you are. I'm sure in Texas you'd have no trouble!

#7 *Karla*

*Karla*
              • 4,854 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:38 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by katrina
                i'm a teacher as well (HS spanish), but i'm working this summer.. bad decision. it sucks.
                Are you teaching this summer, or did you get a part-time job?

#8 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,328 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

Karla, a PT job, but I work 40 hours a week. we really needed the moola this year, but I'm actually getting really psyched up for Sept to come so I can go back to doing what I love, instead of this menial crapola.. don't hate me for wishing the summer to fly by.. lol

#9 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
                  • 256 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

I teach elementary, grade 1.

I can totally relate, I get easily bored and I end up calling DH at work several times a day to see when he's coming home!

I picked up a couple of novels to read, try to make a few 'lunch dates' with friends, organize and re-organize closets. My biggest problem is that I end up spending so much money being off work as I go out to eat, shop...all that exciting stuff. It's hard to find things to do without spending money so I usually end up laying out around the pool.
                    Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
                    My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#10 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
                    • 256 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:19 PM

Man, you guys have to go back early. I'm not due back to work until September 8th, with the kids starting on the 9th.
                      Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
                      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
                      My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users