Photo

NY based Destination wedding photographer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 danalauren22

danalauren22
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:06 PM

Photography was really important for me for our wedding and I really wanted to be able to bring someone with us on our budget. I posted an item on craigslist and received a response from Kristina Hill, kristina hill photography. She had shot many weddings but never shot a destination wedding but was really looking to break into the area. She agreed to do a full wedding day shoot in exchange for travel expenses for herself. We also did a day after shoot, which she threw in, and I think was more excited about than I was!

Despite a bad flight the day before and a nasty hit on the head the day of, Kristina got it together and took amazing shots for our wedding. She blended in well with our group and seemed genuinely excited to be a part of our day. We have only received teaser so far but I am in love! Parts one and two are posted. Still waiting for part 3! They are posted (a few posts down) in her blog at:
    kristina hill photography // blog

#2 *Karla*

*Karla*
    • 4,854 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

She really did a great job on your photos...Thanks for posting a review!

#3 Bali83

Bali83
      • 221 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

Your pics are beautiful!! Congratulations!! Did you receive a lot of responses from your craigslist ad? Did you only post it locally? I have thought about doing the same thing, but I'm worried that I'll get bombarded with amateurs just wanting a free vacation. How did you word your ad?

#4 danalauren22

danalauren22
        • 46 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:59 AM

I did get bombarded with people wanting a free vacation. But many were not and did have really nice websites and portfolios. For some reason I was pulled toward Kristina for her response to my original posting, she just seemed sincere. I want to also express that the only reason why this was a barter situation was because it was her first destination wedding and it was for use in her portfolio so that she could break into the field. Normally there is a fee for her services as well as most photographers that agree to a destination wedding.

#5 KarenM

KarenM
          • 1,920 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:17 AM

Those pics are great Dana! It's nice to hear about bringing a local photog - I know lots of people do this but we don't know any out here so reading your review is really helpful.

#6 Sheree10

Sheree10
            • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:42 PM

Congrats on you recent wedding!! The photos turned out really nice, who would ever know it was the photog's first time shooting a DW?
              http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#7 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
              • 443 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:47 PM

Congrats I am from NY too and never thought about bringing someone from here. Your pics are beautiful!

#8 Geralyn

Geralyn
                • 2,677 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:31 PM

your pics are great!!! thanks for the review!!

#9 NyBeachBride

NyBeachBride
                  • 295 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:05 AM

very nice!!! did you pay for her one night stay or 2 nights?
                    "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users