Legally marry at home or at DW???

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ldeavila

• 206 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hi all,
    I’m curious to know how many Brides got legally married at home before heading to their WD. We’re getting married in Puerto Vallarta and are wondering if we should just get hitched at home in order to avoid all the legalities of a legal wedding.
    Mr. & Mrs. Rangel!!!

#2 bride7474

• 582 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:00 PM

My FI and I will be getting legally married in Canada. It's easier for us, less paperwork!

#3 yumyum90

• 183 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

we are getting married here in the states and then doing the ceremony in jamaica

#4 EDSROSA

• 510 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

We are getting married on the NY before DR, only b/c its saving us alot of money.

#5 H&F

• 361 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

We are planning on getting legally married in PV. I think it will be special to have our marriage certificate from mexico and I want the day of our ceremony to be our official legal day as well. I'm working on getting the proper paperwork right now and it doesn't seem to be much trouble at all.

#6 JOSIE

• 1,792 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

We're doing it at home too...tomorrow actually! For us it was a lot easier this way :)

#7 smith3576

• 290 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:05 PM

In the US. It was easier for us for lots of logistical reasons. And we wanted a friend as the officiant. No one knows, though, except us, our TA, and the officiant. We are still counting the wedding day as the REAL day - we figured we kind of get 2!
                We're married! Jamie

#8 lupearroyo

• 82 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

I got married in Vegas. We made it a fun one but no one knows except for our witnesses..... We will not be telling anyone. We are also thinking in our minds that we are not married for "real".

#9 JOSIE

• 1,792 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:29 PM

i totally got married on friday and it doesnt feel any different! i don't think it will until the ceremony so excited!

#10 sierra101010

• 30 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

I'm pretty sure we'll just get married here in the states prior to leaving. For me, that seems like the "paperwork" part, but I don't think I'll really "feel" married until the ceremony.
                      On 05.10.10 I will walk down this aisle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users