Photo

Review: studioido.net, Studio I Do and Bryce Jenkinson

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#11 Sloan

Sloan
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

Wow. What a dick. What does it matter if your wedding is a "shoe-string" budget or not. Not to mention the question of your "attractiveness" --- what kind of business person conducts themselves like that?

#12 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:15 PM

BTW- he also does not deserve to shoot your beautiful face or wedding!!!

I also , a hem, *borrowed* some of the points from the wonderfully smart Lisa :)

#13 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
      • 4,512 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

I'm so glad you posted that Steph! Like I said before, HE is the one out of line here!! I am still in shock!
        *Formerly Nikki07*
        My Planning Thread

#14 lolosmama

lolosmama
        • 232 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

Wow, that is completely unprofessional! I would certainly be offended if a photographer asked me what I looked like before he decided whether or not he'd take me on as a client!!

#15 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:18 PM

OMG what a jerk!! I would mouth off to him...I think he needs to know he is an a** hole because he obviously doesn't

#16 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

Wow, that's just awful. What a jerk! Thanks for warning b2bs.

#17 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
              • 5,649 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:23 PM

So I was browsing his wedding "portfolio" that Steph linked...I noticed he uses some of the exact same pics more than once in his slideshow...particularly of that couple in the mountains. What's that about? Most of his pictures seem to be of that bride, she must be "attractive" enough for him. This guy is NOT worthy to photograph your wedding Steph, you're too good for him!

#18 ~Keira~

~Keira~
                • 1,338 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:23 PM

This is outragous. I can't believe he would ask you that. I'm with Sloan what a dink!

I think that you should respond to him with a photo of some super model (thats been airbrushed tip to toe) along with the amount you're going to be spending on your wedding. You did say close to $500,000 right? ;-)

Then once you've peaked his attention lay into him. Tell him that his e-mail was competely inappropriate and even if he offered to shoot your wedding for free you wouldn't be using his services. Furthermore, you are going to be putting the word out to your other engaged friends to steer well clear of him and his company. His choice of words and lack of respect is utterly distasteful.
                  ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#19 Jess

Jess
                  • 4,455 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:25 PM

yeah I totally say you do that!!! haha tell him your budget of $500K and send a model pic...love it

then say F* off!

#20 TammyB

TammyB
                    • 10,630 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:26 PM

I totally agree that is VERY unprofessional. Ok I had a "shoe string" budget and I hired my photographer for 3.5 hours, and you would never have guessed my budget based on the amazing photos we received. And the way he approached how you look, is also very insulting. Photographers like this won't go far in the business. I'm sorry you had to deal with this, but I'm sure you will find an amazing photographer that fits your budget and will give you great photos in the end. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users