• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#111 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

The other website was already there. I think that is his old site. studio i do looks like a new name for him. If you look through his blog you can see he hasn't been doing this long.

#112 egsarah

egsarah
    • 355 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:41 AM

Wow what a jerk! Glad you let the rest of us know! The last thing I would want to deal with when planning my big day is someone like that! He got what he deserved!

#113 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
      • 5,649 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:49 AM

Morgan - oh ok cool, I thought maybe he was just trying to hide...it wouldn't have shocked me to be honest lol. :)

#114 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

I'm shocked at how unprofessional his email are. Yikes! Sorry you had to deal with this Stephanie. it's bad apples like this that ruin it for the good vendors in this industry. Potential client or not you need to act like a professional business person with class. This dude is a duche - no ands ifs or buts about it.

#115 SunBride

SunBride
        • 1,499 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:39 AM

wow, just found this thread now as I am not on the forum so much anymore, this is crazy. I've read all your posts Stephanie and I think you handled the situation extremely well. I hope this costs him some business.

I can a little bit understand that some photographer's would only want to go to a more elaborate DW (unlike my own, which had a small number of guests and no fancy reception) but there are other ways to ask that question. You could simply ask the bride to tell you more about her wedding plans. This guy didn't even bother asking the questions the right way.

#116 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by michaelwachniak
            Dear Bryce,

On behalf of all the photographers who are proud members of BDW, we would like to sincerely thank you for all your 'would-be' future business.

all the best,

Michael
            ROFL!

#117 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

michael is right though.

we have so many faulous vendors in the forum that have great referrals why not give one of them a shot.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#118 jackobelle

jackobelle
            • 359 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tammy Host
              michael is right though.

we have so many faulous vendors in the forum that have great referrals why not give one of them a shot.

I agree!!! There are SO MANY AMAZING photographers on here! I found my photographer from using this forum, and I am really looking forward to working with him!!

If you look online there are reviews for EVERYTHING I don't see restaurants, hotels, hairstylists etc etc etc threatening to sue if someone gives them an honest bad review. Let this guy have his temper tantrum and forget about him!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by michaelwachniak
              Dear Bryce,

On behalf of all the photographers who are proud members of BDW, we would like to sincerely thank you for all your 'would-be' future business.

all the best,

Michael
              This is awesome, Michael! I love it!

#119 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:25 PM

i too found my photographer (moments that matter) thanks to this forum, and they were wonderful to work with, and the complete opposite of this douche. they went out of their way to send me emails (quoted below) to help put my mind at ease about the fact that i am NOT a model with a huge budget:

"I have to tell you that we have photographed brides that look fantastic and gorgeous but only manage to capture images that are less than magical. It is not your size or looks that make fantastic images! It is the joy and happiness that you feel and let show at any given moment that make pictures special and beautiful. It is our job to find those "moments" and capture them for you... and we will! It is your job to feel happy, express your love and have fun... the rest is easy!!!"

i have to say they were right, and were absolutely successful. i had to look at my pics about a million times before i even noticed my back fat, LOL. all i could see was the pure joy of the day.

steph, since you're thinking of taking a U.S. photog with you, have you contacted jeremy gilliam (i think that's his name)? he did great work for kat's wedding.

#120 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                • 3,347 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tammy Host
                  michael is right though.

You are 1000% correct Tammy! I have started contacting vendors from here as well. Unfortunately this gentleman was at the beginning of my search (he sort of ruined the whole experience for me).

And Lisa, I have contacted Jeremy, he is fabulous and professional and seems like an awesome guy! As are the few other BDW vendors I have contacted.

I feel this is the biggest decision of my wedding (more so than the resort or dress!) and I think I may lose my mind before its all over!
                  ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users