• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 mich999

mich999
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by classadiva
    Also....does anyone feel that once folks know that there will be an AHR that they try less hard to make it to the destination wedding?
    Glad you are finding this thread helpful! I definitely feel as if a few of my cousins who I had on the "maybe" list for the DW, did not try as hard to come once they heard there was an AHR. But that was only a couple of people and the odds of them coming regardless was probably 50/50 due to cost, etc. At the end of the day I wouldn't let that impact your decision because the people who feel it is important (and are able) to be at your wedding will come to the DW regardless of whether you have an AHR.

And for those people who may not try as hard to come to DW if you do have an AHR? - you won't miss them the day of your DW.

#42 MrsAiello2b

MrsAiello2b
    • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:37 PM

We struggled for a long time with an AHR. We originally wanted to only do a reception after the ceremony, but after talking to our parents and grandparents we saw how important it was to them for us to have one. So we're getting married in May 2010, and having our AHR August 1, 2010. We wanted to have it earlier but there weren't any days available. Now that we look at it, i'm glad we're deciding to do one.

#43 Jtswedding

Jtswedding
      • 255 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:56 PM

Thanks this was really helpful now I don't feel so bad about not having one

#44 lnf_munchkin

lnf_munchkin
        • 168 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:06 PM

Thanks for putting it into perspective. I know the AHR is for everyone else . . . but sometime you need to be reminded to keep the budget in check!

#45 kris

kris
          • 506 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for your insight. I really don't want to have an AHR but my FI mom wants to put one on because not much of their family is coming. I just feel as though it will be awkward. What do you do? I don't really want to redo the whole first dance etc. But I like your idea for a casual "mingle" lol and just sharing pics and yummy drinks/food. Thx :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users