Photo

Excellence Riviera - Mariachi or Caribbean Trio

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mich&adam

mich&adam
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

Which did you choose for your wedding and were you happy with your choice?

#2 mmb

mmb
    • 20 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

We're going with the caribbean trio. I think Mariachi's can get a bit annoying, and they'll be around the resort all week for our guests to enjoy.

#3 spatzle

spatzle
      • 36 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:52 PM

For me the mariachi will be very mexican (but a bit loud for my german family) The trio is very romantic. It depends at what time you want them to play during ceremony, dinner or cocktail. good luck.

#4 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
        • 393 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:12 PM

I think I am interested in the Carribean trio also. What exactly is that? Is it steel drums?

#5 mich&adam

mich&adam
          • 120 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:26 AM

Finally, some responses, LOL. I noticed a lot of people read the post, but didn't reply. For the girls who chose the trio, are you having them play at the wedding, cocktail hour OR reception dinner??

#6 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
            • 393 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:44 AM

I'm not getting married at the same resort but also had this question about the mariachi vs. carribean trio so I had to join this thread! Do you know how we can hear a sample of this type of music? It seems like it would be nice during a cocktail hour...but then I wouldn't get to enjoy it. Oh well ; )

#7 mmb

mmb
              • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:13 PM

We're doing the trio during the cocktail hour. I chose Cannon D for the walk down the isle, which will be from a stereo, and for the dinner we are doing our ipod from a dock we're supplying. The cocktail hour seemed the best because people will be giddy, and it will provide some entertainment while we are doing pictures.

Our wedding is next weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. The hotel does a Mexican night, where the marichai's play. I think it's the same group that is used for the weddings. I'll let you know my thoughts on both.

#8 mich&adam

mich&adam
                • 120 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mmb
                  We're doing the trio during the cocktail hour. I chose Cannon D for the walk down the isle, which will be from a stereo, and for the dinner we are doing our ipod from a dock we're supplying. The cocktail hour seemed the best because people will be giddy, and it will provide some entertainment while we are doing pictures.

Our wedding is next weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. The hotel does a Mexican night, where the marichai's play. I think it's the same group that is used for the weddings. I'll let you know my thoughts on both.
                  WOW, next weekend - Congrats. Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about your experience at Excellence!! Did you pick your flowers from the resort list or are you bringing your own, that is another decision i'm trying to make right now, this is almost as hard as planning a big wedding here!

#9 mmb

mmb
                  • 20 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

I picked resort flowers, went with the lillies. Their flower arrangements always look nice around the hotel (lobby, resturants, ect), and I'm not into planning or dealing with any of that. The event is more about the people we have invited to be there to share this event with us. In 5 or 10 years am I going to remember what my center pieces looked like? No. Am I going to remember by MOH's speach, and how she saved my hair from looking horrible? Yes.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

#10 mich&adam

mich&adam
                    • 120 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mmb
                      I picked resort flowers, went with the lillies. Their flower arrangements always look nice around the hotel (lobby, resturants, ect), and I'm not into planning or dealing with any of that. The event is more about the people we have invited to be there to share this event with us. In 5 or 10 years am I going to remember what my center pieces looked like? No. Am I going to remember by MOH's speach, and how she saved my hair from looking horrible? Yes.

Don't sweat the small stuff.
                      Your ABSOLUTELY right, i think i am getting caught up in this website and what every one else is doing and forgetting the reason i chose Mexico! Again, can't wait to see your pictures and here about your experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users