Punta Cana Resort on a budget???

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ErinS

ErinS
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

Hi,

My fiance and I are looking for a resort to hold our wedding in Feb./10 in Punta Cana...coming from Toronto. Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice enough resort but good price. We are a pretty relaxed couple so it doesn't have to be 5* everything. We don't want our guests paying close to $2000 pp...help!!! :)

Erin

#2 ACH2009

ACH2009
    • 330 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:44 AM

Hi Erin, We got married at Dreams Punta Cana. We chose this resort with our guests budget in mind. It was a very nice all inclusive resort and Expedia had a sale on the rooms there almost every week. A lot of our guests were able to book their rooms for two people for $191 a night. This included all of their food and drink. Everyone was very happy with the resort and thought it was very reasonably priced. Hope this helps!
      Our Pro Pic slideshow by Tammy B Photography
      http://www.tammybpho...index2.php?v=v1

Our Pro Pic slideshow by Melissa Green Photographyhttp://www.melissagr....php#/featured/

#3 sperger

sperger
      • Banned
      • 474 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:44 AM

I am getting married at the Palladium chain (4 resorts, you can use the amenities, restaurants) of all - our TA got this for even cheaper than dreams. the Royal Suites is their extra level of service, similar to Dreams' preferred club. Dreams was my #2 choice, and I think I would have been happy at either Dreams too. They are all great picks!

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:17 PM

There are tons of reviews of different resorts in different price ranges. Looking through these threads is a great way to narrow down your choices! Good Luck!

#5 KPEG

KPEG
          • 267 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ErinS
            Hi,

My fiance and I are looking for a resort to hold our wedding in Feb./10 in Punta Cana...coming from Toronto. Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice enough resort but good price. We are a pretty relaxed couple so it doesn't have to be 5* everything. We don't want our guests paying close to $2000 pp...help!!! :)

Erin
            ErinS, I hope you get some good responses, because I would like to have an idea too! Though we are coming from Wpg, we will have to fly from TO since charters are done at the end of March.

#6 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
            • 280 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

Hi Erin,

We are getting married at the Majestic Colonial and staying there for a week. We area then moving over to the Elegance for a week. Both resorts are reasonably priced and I went to the Majestic for a site visit and loved it. Feb is prime time so expect things to be higher than other months but I was quoted 1250 for 7 nights at the colonial with a nonstop early flight out of Newark, NJ. Hope this helps!

#7 romeets22

romeets22
              • 14 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

Hi...I'm trying to decide as well! By looking on this site I have narrowed it down to 3 resorts in Punta Cana - Dreams, Grand Bahia Principe and Magestic Colonial. My only problem is, the price is high for my guests.....we were looking at March 1-8 - Can anyone tell me why the first 2 weeks of April are the cheapest I heard around Easter they shut down water sports and let the locals on the resort beaches....can someone tell me if this is true because the price it right!!!

#8 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
                • 280 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

Hi romeets22,

Feb and March are the most expensive, and prices go down after April 15. I haven't heard about shutting stuff down...as far as I know they are always going at the resorts. I had the same problem you did with price so I moved my wedding to May when prices are cheaper. Good luck and happy planning!

#9 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:06 PM

Have you considered contacting a travel agent from this forum and ask them about which resorts will fit within you and your family/friends budget?

#10 Caribe

Caribe
                    • Banned
                    • 69 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:27 PM

He Erin look at this page !! Here you have a lot of information..

Punta Cana Resorts Dominican Republic | Punta Cana Travel Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users