Tulum Wedding - Nov 2010 (I think)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 PhotoBride

PhotoBride
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:00 AM

Hello all!

Thank you for sharing all of this wonderful information! It's hard enough to plan a wedding generally, but when it's out of the country it's even more daunting.

My name is Kristiaan Lewis and my fiancee is Lionel Madiou.
    We're planning to get married in November of 2010 in Tulum Mexico.

We are going on a scouting trip in 2 weeks so I will be trying to gather as much information as possible.

We need a planner and a venue if anyone has suggestions. Though we'll have about 100 people, I'd like to steer away from the larger resorts. I want something quaint with a lot of Mexican charm and where maybe we can take over the whole hotel or two adjacent hotels. Any thoughts?!

Thanks again!!

#2 ~*DiAnE*~

~*DiAnE*~
    • 1,418 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:01 AM

Congrats and Welcome to the forum!! :)

#3 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
      • 4,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

Congrats and to the forum! OMG 100 people! That sounds amazing! Good luck and happy planning!
        *Formerly Nikki07*
        My Planning Thread

#4 Cassie

Cassie
        • 5,341 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! You'll find lots of great planning ideas here.
          Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#5 PaulSchrank

PaulSchrank
          • Vendor
          • 237 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

Two great places in Tulum are Hotel Milamores and Cesiak. Cesiak is more remote and doesn't have a lot of accommodations so guests might be scattered. Milamores is less remote and can accommodate more guests and there will be options next door. You can see videos from both these locations on our website here:

Playa Weddings - Video and Photography in Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya

Use the dropdown to select these venues. Tulum is a great place to get married. Rachel and I were married on the beach just south of the ruins at Tulum, near the Paraiso.

#6 boven

boven
            • 193 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:22 AM

Congratulations Kristiaan and welcome to the forum! You will find lots of information here that will help and inspire.

There are many couples on the forum that are/have been married in Tulum, so there is no shortage of information. Paul from Playa Weddings mentioned Milamores Villa as a possible location since you are interested in alternatives to the big resorts. I am getting married at Milamores and would be happy to answer any questions that you may have about that accommodation or others since I had an opportunity to explore the area while on a scouting visit last Spring. There are so many great cabanas or beach clubs that could be of interest as well, and very friendly folks on the forum who will be happy to share information from their experiences. There is a thread about Milamores if you search within the Mayan Riviera section of BDW and a great review by a forum member Malisa about her wedding in Tulum.

Best of luck and happy planning!

#7 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
              • 2,115 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

Congrats and Welcome!

#8 SDSteph

SDSteph
                • 812 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

Congrats and welcome. This is such a helpful site. Hope to see you around the forum.
                  Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#9 Sascha Gluck Photography

Sascha Gluck Photography

Insiders

• Insiders
                  • 1,538 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:50 PM

Hi, welcome to the Forum and good luck with everything....

#10 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                    • Vendor
                    • 2,782 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:07 PM

Welcome to the forum!!
                      :)Dmitri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users