***Melia Las Dunas Brides***

ashey063009

Quote:
Also, do you know if you can make substituitons with the wedding dinners?
I've been wondering the same thing, actually. Myself and most of the guests are big shellfish eaters (Maritimers cheesy.gif ) but FI and his brother can't have any shellfish. If I were to order something with, say, lobster in it like a soup would they be able to substitute for them if we explained that they were allergic? Or would it be a bit risky/ not worth the hassle?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Mel

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIW View Post
How much was the videoographer?

$150 CUC

Also, do you know if you can make substituitons with the wedding dinners?

Of course. They will give you a list of options to choose from, but you just need to let them know your preferences. They will do different meals for kids, religious reasons (One of our GMs is Jewish) and also allergies. You just need to make sure to specify it when you are confirming the menu with Maria Elena.

We have some people who are dealthy allergic to shellfish coming (I'm a little concerned about the "surf n' turf" meal), some people who don't eat pork for religious reaons and me (I'm actually allergic to pork). Can you make changes to the meals?

Remember to stress the importance of the menu change. If it is a "deathly allergy" you need to ensure that they understand the gravity of the situation-- I would think about cutting the shell fish from your menu option for everyone... just to be on the safe side.
As per usual--- answers in blue. : )

Hey Erin, here is a post from a little while ago where Ashley answered your question :). Also, you should check out the facebook group (Melia Las Dunas Brides), a lot of brides have posted some of their wedding photos and many of them are done by the resort photog. Good luck! - Stephanie

I have a question about photographers - How much did it cost for the photographer?

$100 CUC for the resort photog. They will take photos for about 15-20 mins of "getting ready", the entire ceremony and then about two hours of pics afterwards. (They don't really have time limits, so keep them as long as you can/want.)

Do I have to book a photographer ahead of time?

Like everything else at MLD you book it all when you get down there-- however, after I did some research I realized that I wanted Alfredo as our photog, so I specifically mentioned this to Melissa during our convos via e-mail. And we got him, hooray!

Do they give you a CD with all your pictures?

With the package you get 24 color prints tucked into a photo album. For an extra $5 CUC (yes, I said 5) you get every picture that he takes on a DVD.

Should I get one of the picture packages they offer?

It is soooo worth it, and-- if you don't bring your own out-of-country photog, it's also your only real option.

Who got a videographer?

Yup-- he was great. The music tubbing the video was kind of sappy, but it's really nice to have it. He caught some beautiful moments when we were getting ready, and its nice to be able to watch the ceremony later. We will likely dub over the music with something more appropriate. lol

Were they happy with the finished product? Was it worth the $$?

Yes and HELL YES. Feel free to read my review, it gives a pretty good outline of the videographer and photog. (quoted from Ashley's post!)

Lovely ladies, please give my Review (below siggy) a read. It talks a TON about the specifics of the week / planning and big day. Including lots of info on the photog and videographer.

Also, definitely join the Melia Las Dunas Brides facebook group. It's SUPER helpful and has lots of reviews also. :) (Not to mentioned THOUSANDS of pictures)

How much was the cost of the catamaran excursion? I was thinking of getting our guests to come with us on that excursion. How long was the bus ride to the catamaran?

Does anyone know if I brought my own music, that they would use that instead of the cheesy music they put on the video? I am thinking if I give them a CD with the music I want, they can use that for our video.

How accomodating do you think they will be on this? It would save us the trouble of redubbing it later on.

Thanks!!

only 11 weeks to go!!!

I just checked out your review, Ash, thanks so much for all of the information in it. You've answered a lot of the questions that I had right off the bat without my even having to ask them. I'm glad that your wedding went so well (except for your hair appt. that is). It sounds like the resort really knows what they're doing when it comes to weddings and that is really reassuring. I'm getting really excited! bunny_4.gif

Mel

Great tips!

I have about 5 weeks to go but I still feel unprepared. I don't like the fact that I have to wait till I get there to arrange things, but it seems it has all worked for past brides.

I just have this feeling that I'm missing something...