***Melia Las Dunas Brides***

ashey063009

Hey ladies, congrats on your weddings! Sounds like almost everything went smoothly, sort of worried about my hair...maybe I can train my bridesmaids lol. I am wondering about playing your own music at the ceremony and/or reception, is it loud enough? Also, what sort of songs does the trio know - what do they play when you walk down the aisle?? Thanks girls, can't believe how fast time is passing!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmacphe View Post
Hey ladies, congrats on your weddings! Sounds like almost everything went smoothly, sort of worried about my hair...maybe I can train my bridesmaids lol. I am wondering about playing your own music at the ceremony and/or reception, is it loud enough? Also, what sort of songs does the trio know - what do they play when you walk down the aisle?? Thanks girls, can't believe how fast time is passing!
I can't help about your hair worries b/c I didn't went to the resort's beauty salon. If you have a specific idea in mind, I think you should have a hair trial here with your hairdresser and take a lot of pictures of it, of every angle. If you consider what you want "complicated" maybe you should take pictures of every step of it too to show to the lady in Cuba.

I brought a CD with my own music for the ceremony and it was loud enough. I got married in the gazebo and I was able to hear everything while walking down the aisle/bridge. We let the music play during the toast and it was perfect.

The trio is amazing. They stay with us during the whole reception, even if they were supposed to be there for one hour only. I asked for some Cuban songs I like and they played them. If you don't have super hard to know songs they can probably please you with your special requests. They really are fantastic and totally worth the money!

Thanks for the review mary!!!!

Does anyone know what kind of music is played during the ceremony? Before and while you walk down the isle...is it the trio or a CD? My fiance and i don't really feel the need to bring a CD as long as they play something nice.

Also, did you have to book a time and place for the reception dinner or just wait until you get there.

Oh, one more question. The wedding package says they will upgrade your room "if available"....did anyone have trouble getting the room upgrade?

Thanks!!!!

My ceremony isn't going to be until 6pm so i'm concerned about time/place since there will probably be a couple other weddings happening before us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinS View Post
Thanks for the review mary!!!!

Does anyone know what kind of music is played during the ceremony? Before and while you walk down the isle...is it the trio or a CD? My fiance and i don't really feel the need to bring a CD as long as they play something nice.

The trio played while I walked down the aisle-- no song in particular, just a nice melody. To be honest, all I remember is that it made for a beautiful moment and perfect background music.

Also, did you have to book a time and place for the reception dinner or just wait until you get there.

You'r reception time will be booked once you are down there-- Maria Elena already had our dinner hour set, and had reservations made for us. We ended up changing it to the private reception with no issues. If you're worried, contact Melissa with Sol Melia Cuba.

Oh, one more question. The wedding package says they will upgrade your room "if available"....did anyone have trouble getting the room upgrade?

Our travel agent contacted the resort to let them know we were the wedding couple, and I also mentioned the upgrade to Melissa while we were corresponding. We had our upgrade for both weeks we were there with no questions asked, and no issues. :)

Thanks!!!!

My ceremony isn't going to be until 6pm so i'm concerned about time/place since there will probably be a couple other weddings happening before us!

Again, we did our ceremony at 6pm. The dinner was supposed to start at 7:30, but we took photos until 8:00 and it wasn't an issue. If you have concerns about your timeline, talk to Melissa, or check out the Facebook group "Melia Las Dunas Brides" -- there are TONS of reviews on there, and you may find someone who go married in the same month at the same time.
Answers in Blue. smile03.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Converters - I tried to find some info on this and I sort of did - but it isnt clear. Do I need an electrical converter for the Melia Las Dunas? If I do - where can I get one?

My niece is singing while I walk down the aisle, do they have a CD player and a microphone at the gazebo?

When my parents walk me down the aisle, does teh officiant ask if he gives me away or whatever? I am thinking of having my parents walk down first, then me by myself...I dont have a bridal party.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niclec View Post
Converters - I tried to find some info on this and I sort of did - but it isnt clear. Do I need an electrical converter for the Melia Las Dunas? If I do - where can I get one?

My niece is singing while I walk down the aisle, do they have a CD player and a microphone at the gazebo?

When my parents walk me down the aisle, does teh officiant ask if he gives me away or whatever? I am thinking of having my parents walk down first, then me by myself...I dont have a bridal party.

Thanks!
YES-- bring a convertor. NO-- do not bank on it working. I bought a $50 convertor from a travel shop, and it didn't work. I wore my hair curly everyday-- it blew. Your best bet is to take a look at your "appliances / electronics" and see if they will work up to a 225 volt, then you don't even need a convertor. You can TOTALLY google it too, or try searching the forum. :)

There is both a microphone and sound system that will be hooked up for the gazebo (I'm assuming you mean the new beach one?) You will need to mention your idea to the WC, of course, but I'm certain that they can accomodate you. Virg got married at the new gazebo (the week it debuted, woop woop) so I'm sure you can PM her for more info.

The officiant will not ask if he gives you away, but you can have a "ceremony script" written up, and the WC will say anything that the officiant normally won't. The officiant only does the civil ceremony. Amarillis (Amy) posted an amazing thread that details her cermony, and also the legal ceremony on its own. Definitely check it out. smile03.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have a question about photographers - How much did it cost for the photographer? Do I have to book a photographer ahead of time? How much time do we get with the photographer? Do they give you a CD with all your pictures? Should I get one of the picture packages they offer?

Who got a videographer? Were they happy with the finished product? Was it worth the $$?

Thanks in advance!

Nicky

We leave in 12 weeks, 3 days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niclec View Post
Hi!

I have a question about photographers - How much did it cost for the photographer?
$100 CUC for the resort photog. They will take photos for about 15-20 mins of "getting ready", the entire ceremony and then about two hours of pics afterwards. (They don't really have time limits, so keep them as long as you can/want.)

Do I have to book a photographer ahead of time?
Like everything else at MLD you book it all when you get down there-- however, after I did some research I realized that I wanted Alfredo as our photog, so I specifically mentioned this to Melissa during our convos via e-mail. And we got him, hooray!

How much time do we get with the photographer?
See above. :)

Do they give you a CD with all your pictures?
With the package you get 24 color prints tucked into a photo album. For an extra $5 CUC (yes, I said 5) you get every picture that he takes on a DVD.

Should I get one of the picture packages they offer?
It is soooo worth it, and-- if you don't bring your own out-of-country photog, it's also your only real option.

Who got a videographer?
Yup-- he was great. The music tubbing the video was kind of sappy, but it's really nice to have it. He caught some beautiful moments when we were getting ready, and its nice to be able to watch the ceremony later. We will likely dub over the music with something more appropriate. lol
Were they happy with the finished product? Was it worth the $$?
Yes and HELL YES. Feel free to read my review, it gives a pretty good outline of the videographer and photog.

Thanks in advance!
Nicky

We leave in 12 weeks, 3 days!!
Hope this helps! smile03.gif

How much was the videoographer?

Also, do you know if you can make substituitons with the wedding dinners?

We have some people who are dealthy allergic to shellfish coming (I'm a little concerned about the "surf n' turf" meal), some people who don't eat pork for religious reaons and me (I'm actually allergic to pork). Can you make changes to the meals?