Photo

My Maggie Sottero Dress

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 amberlynne87

amberlynne87
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

Well I did it. I went to a bridal shop that specifically works with Maggie Sottero to try the dresses on that I found on the internet. The only way I was walking out of there with a new dress was if it beat my first wedding dress. Well, it did. It's a brand new style from Maggie and wasn't even one of the dresses I saw on the internet. I am absolutely in love with this dress and it looks amazing. It is perfect in every way!!! The one I tried on was a size 12 (I am a size 4) so it was way to big but they clipped it up for me. The dress was also really long, made for girls who are 5'9. Mine will be a little bit shorter. It is in diamond white and cost over $1,000, but is well worth it!! I am so happy that I went to the bridal shop and tried the dresses on. I feel a lot better about this wedding gown than the other. Don't get me wrong, the other dress is gorgeous and looks great on me but I wasn't feeling it any more. This dress is the one for sure!! =)

Here are the pictures. Don't mind my facial expressions, I wasn't ready for any of the pictures. hehehe

here is the dress one me
    Click the image to open in full size.
    and on the model
    Reema - by Maggie Sottero

The dress on the model is in light gold. My dress will be in diamond white which is a light ivory color. I will be having the straps removed (they look good, but they are really itchy and I like the dress better strapless). The back is corset, so it will match by bridesmaids dresses a little better but I will still stand out as the bride. =) Oh and the veil comes with the dress (optional), but I will be wearing it a little differently. The bridal consultant showed me different ways to wear the veil. I am going to have the veil bustled. I have to wait until January for my actual dress to arrive but that's okay. The bridal shop keeps the dress for me in a fire proof safe and they steam/press/etc. the dress and place it in a body form and a protective garment bag safe for flying. So I am really happy with not only my dress but the bridal shop as well.

Let me know what you think! Also, I am selling my other wedding dress. I already posted a thread about it. Thanks!!

#2 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

Well, I thought you looked pretty in your other dress, but this dress is fantastic and you look beautiful in it! The veil is pretty too - how did she tell you to wear it differently?
      Congratulations on your new dress!

#3 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
      • 2,754 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

Wow, its gorgeous!!! I love the shape of it.

#4 MsZ

MsZ
        • 410 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

What a beautiful dress! I love how form fitting it is and then poofs out towards the bottom! It looks great on you!

#5 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
          • 1,681 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

really pretty dress!!! It looks beautiful on you! Congrats on finding the perfect dress

#6 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,569 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

You look stunning!!

#7 DRB

DRB
              • 647 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:11 PM

Wow, what an amazing dress! I think it looks perfect on you!

#8 midnight24

midnight24
                • 754 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:39 PM

it's a beautiful dress.

i noticed you had the maggie 'reese' dress in the background. i am debating that dress for myself.

#9 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
                  • 1,448 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:07 AM

Pretty dress! I'd love to see how to wear the veil differently, and to see your veil bustled

#10 amberlynne87

amberlynne87
                    • 148 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by midnight24
                      it's a beautiful dress.

i noticed you had the maggie 'reese' dress in the background. i am debating that dress for myself.
                      Yes! I tried that one on as well. But, it was very similar to my Alfred Angelo wedding dress so I didn't go with that. It's a gorgeous dress though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users