St. Thomas Photographers

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 FatCracker

FatCracker
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:48 AM

Hi All,

I've been reading all the reviews on WC and photographers in St Thomas. Wondering if anyone has used Kelly O or Eric Johnson?

#2 Taghan

Taghan
    • 239 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

I am also considering using Eric Johnson...the work on his website is beautiful!

#3 blacksred

blacksred
      • 26 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

my wc highly recommends ej and i trust her judgement. His pricing is also fairly in line with other photogs.

Good Luck

#4 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
        • 712 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

I was ab to post a question on this. We are booked with Blue Glass but I was also thinking ab changing to Kelly O. my concern was the price. We are gonna be paying $800 for 2 hrs. Does that seem like too much? In looking at other photographers it seems like that price is low but in my mind I think that's ludicrous. Also we'd be paying the same price with both photographers...

#5 CrystalM

CrystalM
          • 829 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:23 PM

I'd recommend Eric Johnson based on his portfolio :)

Also Blue Glass has a few different photog's, I remember reading a review that wasn't 100% favorable for one of the photographers
            I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#6 FatCracker

FatCracker
            • 192 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

I've heard lots of good things about EJ...but I LOVE Kelly O's portfolio. Not too many review on her though...
              All the wedding planners I've spoken with have recommended and used both of them.
              $800 isn't too bad if you get ALL the originals (100+ shots). Prints are normally always extra.
              The reviews seem to be hit and miss with Blue Grass...and I wasn't too big a fan of their portfolio, but they are also very highly recommend.

#7 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
              • 712 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:51 PM

I agree ab Blue Glass, it seems that they are good based on which photographer you get. My WC reassured me on Blueglass so we're gonna stick with them and do the 2 hrs for $800. I think we get originals but I'm not 100% sure I will ask my WC...

#8 FatCracker

FatCracker
                • 192 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:41 AM

We booked the wedding!!

I read reviews, and contacted both photographers. Kelly O recommended our wc and the photo package they offered, so we just upgraded. Our wc said Kelly is one of the photographers they use regularly, so they have the package at a lower rate. But I do have to pay extra for the CD.

Thanks for the input ladies...8 )
                  Good luck and happy planning!

#9 VirginIslandGirl

VirginIslandGirl
                  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

Eric Johnson is definitely the best. Check out his website at St. Thomas, St. John, Virgin Islands, Caribbean Wedding Photography by photographer Eric Johnson

#10 VirginIslandGirl

VirginIslandGirl
                    • 18 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by FatCracker
                      We booked the wedding!!

I read reviews, and contacted both photographers. Kelly O recommended our wc and the photo package they offered, so we just upgraded. Our wc said Kelly is one of the photographers they use regularly, so they have the package at a lower rate. But I do have to pay extra for the CD.

Thanks for the input ladies...8 )
                      Good luck and happy planning!

I'm curious to know who your WC is. Please share.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users