Photo

Traveling to Italy - Need Advice

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NATASHA

NATASHA
  • 646 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:17 PM

We're going to Italy in September. I've been, DH hasn't.

I LOVED it. I went to Rome, Florence, Venice, and Portifino.

My DH wants to go to the same places and I really do want to as well. I want to spend time with him touring wineries, etc. The problem that we're struggling with is finding places we can augment the trip with that I didn't go that we can easily access on this route (like places in Tuscany).

Does anyone have any advice or some really great places that we should check out whether as day trips or as stops we should make?
    Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:19 PM

Natasha I went to so many great places but I was much younger and I can't remember their names at all. So I'm no help. LOL. But I personally love Milan so I would stop there if you can. You are going to have so much fun, I am so jealous!

#3 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:19 PM

Natasha ~ I'm going to watch this thread too. We leave for Italy on sept. 19th. I'm planning to focus on the details of the trip after my wedding.

I went about 9 years ago and can hardly remember the details of all the places we stopped, etc. Sorry I was no help with your question.
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#4 gkashmira

gkashmira
        • 1,962 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:59 PM

i can't figure out if you'll be near any of this places but supposedly the Amalfi Coast (south of Naples) is supposed to be lovely. The island of Capri is supposed to be great too...
          Kashmira & Dan
          Happily married since June 16, 2007
          http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
          Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
          Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#5 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

Natasha, I really wish I could help, but I've never been to Italy

#6 jpkw

jpkw
            • VIP Member
            • 1,650 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:17 PM

have you been to cinque terra? (5 vilages). i went there while in college & i think we took the train in from genoa or rome. it is an amazing place - it consists of 5 villages built into the cliffs right along the sea. you can hike between them and stay in different locations, or wine taste and go into the next village for lunch. it is SO beautiful! do a google search to find out more. We loved it!!

#7 -Kate-

-Kate-
              • VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:51 PM

I was going to suggest cinque terra as well. It is one of my top 3 fav areas in Europe. It's a good place to end a trip because there aren't a ton of sites you feel compelled to see. It's all about hiking, relaxing, eating, drinking.

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:55 PM

Natasha - my Aunt and Uncle travel a LOT because my uncle is a photographer (you can see his Italy work in Macaroni Grill). Go to their website - www.SunToMoon.com and click on "Marilyn's Travel Tips". There you can click on "Italy" and find my aunt's travel advice! Hope this helps!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#9 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:50 PM

Oh how fun I am jealous and can't wait to hear where you decide to go, my mom and her boyfriend are taking a trip in November.
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#10 NATASHA

NATASHA
                  • 646 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:46 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jpkw
                    have you been to cinque terra? (5 vilages). i went there while in college & i think we took the train in from genoa or rome. it is an amazing place - it consists of 5 villages built into the cliffs right along the sea. you can hike between them and stay in different locations, or wine taste and go into the next village for lunch. it is SO beautiful! do a google search to find out more. We loved it!!
                    I only went to Rapollo and Potofino. I think Rapallo is the last village. I agree - it is totally beautiful!
                    Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users