Chocolate Fountain

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BlieLena

• 41 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

Hi ladies!! Love love love this site............. So need some advice....I really want to have a chocolate fountain for my reception as our main desert instead of a big cake. My idea is that it stays open from the beginning of the reception till the end of the night. Instead of a big cake for 50, we would a 2 tierd white square with purple and green orchids cascading down it and a bunch on top. Make it for half the amount of guests and cut them into bite sized squares with cute piks to pick them up w/ and a shot glass of cold milk so that everyone can try it and we can have for photos and tradition etc... We will be doing a buffett and I feel like from previous weddings people eat half of their piece, the size is always over estimated and most people are sooo full from dinner it's hard to appreciate a whole slice. Plus helloooo I can save money and put it towards a fountain that people can enjoy all night. I rather have people saying they loved it and wished they had more than half of it wasted :) Okaaay... and I guess I am not a big cake eater too!!!

Soooo anybody rented a fountain and brought or shipped it? What fruits or dips you suggest. We have been quoted 20pp w/ 5 fruits for 50 people thats1k and ridick, I figured there has to be a cheaper way :) Any vendors you know of or ideas would be appreciated!
    Muchas Gracias Amigas Bonitas!!

#2 marryinghimagain

• 479 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:34 AM

Chocolate fountains are yummy and beautiful! HOWEVER; my first question would be, are you having children at your wedding? That would greatly affect my decision whether to have a fountain or not to have a fountain. Children and chocolate fountains do NOT co-exist well with a bride's gown. I can tell you from personal experience, it was not pretty.

#3 jesmcan

• 1,091 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:41 AM

What an awsome idea! did you try contacting any of the bakeries in playa?

Les Petits Merveillies -Calle 8 btwn Ave 10 & 15th
        Panaderia del Carmen -Ave 30 btwn Calle 6 & 8

They may do something like this or perhaps can direct you to a candy place that may do this for you.

Let us know love the idea :)
        The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#4 BlieLena

• 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

Thanks Jesmcan, no I haven't contacted any bakeries but will remember the ones you reccomended :) No kids will be at our wedding, I think I read a review about the kids and your dress...hope that wasn't you! Watch I ll be the one to get chocolate all over me :) I really need to know how to find the fountain though.

#5 jesmcan

• 1,091 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

Hi BlieLena,

I was also thinking one maybe you could check out a candy shop down there and see if they have any ideas? Also did you look into possibly getting your own maybe on ebay and bringing it down? Sort of a pain I know but always a possibility.

Good luck I hope you find one!
            The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#6 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
            • 600 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:41 PM

They sell them at Wal-mart for about $50. I would probably take one down and then ask your caterer to provide the dipping items.

#7 sfrench0621

• 242 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

I am planning on getting married at one of the Riu resorts in Playa del Carmen and in the information they sent to me renting a chocolate fountain was listed as an extra for $400, so you may want to ask the wedding coordinator at the sites you are considering to see if they have this option as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users