Photo

invitation cost

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 angie8119

angie8119
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

what is the average cost everyone is spending on invitations? I need about 50 and was hoping to spend around $100, the stationary isn't the quality I would like. I got a few quotes of around $250, is that typical for quality stationary and a simple invitations?

#2 weddingchick

weddingchick
    • 1,052 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:30 PM

Invitations can be very expensive. Do a search on here and you'll find discounted vendors and DIY ideas!!! Good luck!

#3 jk1101

jk1101
      • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:13 PM

The cheapest invitations I've seen have been on VistaPrint, but the quality is not the same as getting invitations from a true invitation company. I got the 10 free to test it out and wasn't very impressed - but everyone's different. WeddingPaperDivas seem to have reasonable prices, but it depends on whether you're just getting the invitation plus the response card/envelopes, reception cards, etc.

#4 Sheree10

Sheree10
        • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

I know invitations are very expensive. I've been looking and haven't found the right one yet.
          http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#5 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

Invitations can range from less than a dollar to up to about $25 an invite (I'm sure you could go higher if you wanted but that is the highest I've seen)

#6 NaM

NaM
            • 2,256 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:40 PM

I used Ana De Roux who is a vendor on this site and got passport invites at $1.00 per invite. We got 100 plus addressed envelopes for under $200. She's been great to work with and everyone has liked the unique passport invites. Just to avoid confusion...she does more than passports
              Good luck, I know it's weird to think about paying so much for paper that you are getting rid of anyway...

#7 Miss Sunshyne

Miss Sunshyne
              • 222 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

Invitations by Dawn have a nice section for destination invites, they offer free samples, they look great and are within reasonable prices
                11.12.2011 "Living for the Love of you" Paradisus Punta Cana

#8 islandbride317

islandbride317
                • 1,866 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:12 PM

I second Miss Sunshyne's tip -- Invitations By Dawn is who I am currently dealing with now to order my invitations, the lined inner envelopes and the return-addressed outer envelopes. Before I decided to go with I.B.D., I was sent samples of 3 different styles I liked, and then from there, it made my decision easy as to which style I was going to purchase.

All together, my total with Invitations By Dawn is going to be around $150.00 for 50 of each of the items I mentioned above (after a 20% off, semi-annual promotional code has been applied, which is going on through 7/14/09, so you can take advantage of it if you hurry!).

We're spending another $60.00 with Allurements By Rebecca for custom RSVP postcards using the logo she's created for us (and you're in luck - she's right here on BDW and she's amazing!) To finish everything off, we're adding a paper backing to our invitations (the invitation itself is a sheer vellum, and I wanted something to put behind them so they will "pop" for another $50.00 or so from David's Bridal Online Store (DIY Deckle Set) -- after we buy the raffia we're using to attach the sheer invitations to the backing, we are looking at spending just over approximately $260.00 for 50 complete invitation sets.

I think your invitations are an important place to spend a little extra $$ if you can; it's a great way to leave a lasting impression with guests who will be attending and what they can expect/the style of your event, and they'll be a hit even those that may not be able to make it!

Good luck!

#9 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
                  • Banned
                  • 3,479 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

Unfortunetly we feel in love with pocket wedding invitations and could quite possibly be spending $400 on our invites...Ouch! But I can't find anyone cheaper or who has the specific pocket we are looking at getting.

#10 Natural

Natural
                    • 218 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

Well I'm doing my passport invitations myself and thanks to a flub by Staples it will cost me $115 for 90 invites...(not including postage )
                      Life is too short to be serious...so laugh a little

http://tickers.Ticke....hYF/weight.png

http://tickers.Ticke....o/exercise.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users