wahmsuzanne's Dreams Tulum Review (6/30/09) Very Long!!! (some pics and link to more)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 wahmsuzanne

• 131 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

Dreams Tulum Review

I want to start by saying that I swore I wouldn’t be a bride who came on and just gave straight A’s but instead would really pay attention and “give it to you straight.” You’ll see the A’s I’ve given … and I can honestly say I feel I’ve been as fair as I know how. It was an amazing wedding and vacation and I feel confident and comfortable suggesting Dreams Tulum for your destination wedding (or vacation) and I’m honestly happy to answer any and all questions you have so please don’t hesitate to ask.

Travel Agents
    Destination Weddings = C (didn’t work out)
    Tammy Wright w/Wright Travel Agency = A (Awesome service!)

We knew before we officially got engaged that we wanted a destination wedding but we had no idea how to plan one. After doing an internet search I hired DestinationWeddings.com ($50 deposit) to help plan our dream wedding. We did not have a good experience as the agent we were assigned to had some medical problems and would take many, many days to reply and when she did it was misinformation and it felt like we were starting over each time.

I suppose I could’ve contacted the company and tried to switch agents but as I spent more time researching on my own I eventually found Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 lolosmama

• 232 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:04 PM

What a fantastic review! I imagine your kids had a blast. I am glad to hear they liked the kids club - I am taking my five year old daughter down with us, and hope she will go for at least a little bit. You were a beautiful bride! Looking forward to seeing your professional pictures!!

#3 edna

• Site Supporter
      • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:37 PM

Congrats, thank you for sharing and everything looked wonderful.. BTW I loved your idea of jumping all together on the pool!!!

#4 starlitk

• 76 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:05 PM

Great review. You looked absolutely beautiful! You beach aisle set-up was great. We also saw your reception set up at night and thought it looked beautiful and intimate. Congrats!

#5 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:42 PM

Congratulations, great review!

#6 Blkatz

• 1,025 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

great review Suzanne-it was very detailed! You looked so pretty! Congrats on being a mrs.

#7 michellepicksbrent

• 1,448 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:21 AM

Fantatic review, I'm sure it wil help out a lot of future Dreams Tulum brides!

#8 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

Fabulous review Suzanne! Congrats, you looked beautiful!

#9 wahmsuzanne

• 131 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:05 AM

Thanks ladies! It really was fun and a total success as far as we're concerned. I'm happy to answer any questions about the resort and/or the wedding ... or whatever. I'm still working on my planning thread and I'll have that ready soon.

@lolosmama ~ we were impressed with the kids club. The girls there seem to really care about the kids. One of our kids has very sensitive skin and we had special sunscreen for him and needed it applied every hour or so and they seem to fully understand this and he never got sunburned so that meant a lot to us. They have a printed schedule so you know what’s going on what time what days and can plan around that if you’d like. They do go around the resort with the kids so there’s a chance you’ll run into them while you’re out and about … so if that would prompt your daughter to want to come back to you … you might want to work around their schedule a bit.

@megashay ~ thanks! We’re neighbors … we are in Spring Branch/Bulverde right up the road from you.

@edna ~ thanks! That was super fun … especially for the kids

@starlitk ~ thanks! We saw your reception set up to and it was gorgeous! In fact when we saw yours and I was admiring your lanterns Ken said well just get those too if you want them. I was pissy because he’s the one who told me while planning not to *sigh* … he kept telling me to “keep it simple” and not drive myself crazy with the little stuff. I explained to him that it was too late now … I would’ve had to buy and make them. LOL. I was so excited and grateful to have Rebecca and George’s lanterns when they were done with them. Yours were beautiful too … how you alternated the colors/sizes … they did a great job putting them up … it was absolutely gorgeous. I’m still so sorry to hear about your mishaps! Loved your planning thread … you did such creative and beautiful things *huGs*

@sunbride ~ thanks! And thank you for your hard work and dedication to this forum and the other brides on here. You have really set a great example for the rest of us to stick around and “pay it forward” Thank you … thank you … thank you!

@blkatz ~ thanks! After almost 5 years of dating … I really didn’t expect it to feel any different … but truthfully it really does … makes me smile. Congrats to you too!

@michellepicksbrent ~ thanks! I was trying to be detailed without being too long winded! LOL

@ginalynl ~ thanks! You looked so beautiful too … fun fun.

#10 MsZ

• 410 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:32 PM

Everything looks great! Thanks for sharing, glad you had a great time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users