• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#41 Heidi

Heidi
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:17 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lizz10179
    Kreations Flowers seems so much less expensive, I really hope we can use them. Heidi, has anyone from RIU gotten back to you about using outside florists?
    no not yet - but I figure it'll take a good 2 weeks like usual! :)
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#42 pouchie

pouchie
    • 189 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for posting those. I can't belive how much everything is going to cost once I add in all the extras. When we frist decided to go with a DW we thought it would be alot cheaper. For some reason I thought they would have all these things included in a package. I wonder if you can get married on the grasss like they have on the arch pictures?? One of our groomsmen is in a wheelchair and most of the wedding places aren't very wheelchair accesible.

#43 pouchie

pouchie
      • 189 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

I wonder if the pricing for the arches includes the flowers as well What do you guys think. It says the arch name and the flowers. It wouldn't be so bad if it did include flowers. Chandlyn said she will take the flowers from the ceremony and decorate the reception tables with them so you wouldn't need to buy centerpieces as well.

#44 Heidi

Heidi
        • 2,642 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:34 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by pouchie
          I wonder if the pricing for the arches includes the flowers as well What do you guys think. It says the arch name and the flowers. It wouldn't be so bad if it did include flowers. Chandlyn said she will take the flowers from the ceremony and decorate the reception tables with them so you wouldn't need to buy centerpieces as well.
          I think some include flowers - the ones where it says the flower names / type of arrangement(s) in the description below the picture.
          Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#45 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by hln321
            yeah, I'm feeling silk flowers, the $75 bamboo arch thingy and just the beach!!! haha!
            I'm definitely thinking the bamboo arch, I really do think it's nice. And for centerpieces, I think I'm going to bring my own and maybe do shells/candles/sand or something like that instead of flowers. The only problem with that is trying to pack it all up and bring it all down!

#46 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
            • 203 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

Well GOOD thing I am on my laptop sitting on my bed, because if I was on my desk top I would have fallen off my chair with these prices!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone has a Ragshop craft store around they are going out of business and they have some great ideas for center pieces with silk flowers all on sale. Well everything adds up and I think I will save money on flowers and little odds and ends so I can budget more for the photography, because thats really expensive too.

#47 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:47 PM

Jerzzygirl - I just noticed how close your wedding is! You're the first one of us to go down there. Are you getting so excited? You will definitely have to give us a rundown of the RIU when you get back (including all these crazy prices)!!!

#48 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
                • 203 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

Yeah I know its coming up so fastttttt. Ofcourse I will fill you all in when I get back and post lots of pictures!! I am also really excited today because I got our passports in the mail today. Yayyyyyyyyyy!! We can go now...lol

#49 Spazz

Spazz
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:51 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jerzzygirl
                    Yeah I know its coming up so fastttttt. Ofcourse I will fill you all in when I get back and post lots of pictures!! I am also really excited today because I got our passports in the mail today. Yayyyyyyyyyy!! We can go now...lol
                    Sorry, totally off topic again, but when you mentioned your passports, I was just thinking of the stuff we need to send to the RIU before we go. Is it just copies of our passports and birth certificates? How far in advance do we need to send them? (I guess I should have started a new thread!)

#50 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
                    • 203 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:00 PM

I was just starting a new post about that right now....lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users