Flowers, Photographer Riu OR

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#201 J&M

J&M
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

Hi Girls

I would like to get Micheal for pics for an additional hour. But I'm also planning on having Hors d'eouves right after the ceromony and i'd like to be there..my time is noon. Now I wonder would I be able to get Micheal for the ceromony time ( which he'd show up for automatically for the Royal pkg.) then have him back say 1:00 or 1:30 for the extra hour or does it have to be right after the ceromony 45 min. included time?

also anybody that purchased the cd was there any problems with it when you got home? I know I'm paranoid:)

Thanks

#202 jmhein

jmhein
    • 665 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:42 AM

Hi ladies! Michael just sent me the new 2008 price list and details, 4 days before we leave... on it he specifies that any extra time has to be booked and PAID for prior to the wedding. Did any of the recent ROR brides have to book his extra time in advance? For those who've been married, is extra time worthwhile?
      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#203 chicago88

chicago88
      • 699 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:27 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jmhein
        Hi ladies! Michael just sent me the new 2008 price list and details, 4 days before we leave... on it he specifies that any extra time has to be booked and PAID for prior to the wedding. Did any of the recent ROR brides have to book his extra time in advance? For those who've been married, is extra time worthwhile?
        I e-mailed Michael to ask him if I could pick the package I wanted after I saw the pictures and if I could add on extra hours with him. This is his response?

Hello Therese,

we can deal this based on extra hours!

Please meet me as soon as possible on the property - best time always between 6-8 PM in the PHOTOSHOP!
        Business hours are from 9.30 in the morning until 8 PM at the moment, SUNDAYS closed!

Please donĀ“t forget to print the pricelist and bring it with you down to the meeting.
        Kind regards
        Michael

I'm not too sure how this all works

Therese & Jay
        Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
        http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#204 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

Ok, so Michael sent me the Advanced Booking form for photography and I filled it out and sent it back. I asked him how I should pay him and he wanted me to email my credit card # to him. I told him I was not comfortable doing that and asked if he had a secure server I could send the info to. His response was this:

"We are not a special internet shop with all the technical requirements to do online shopping the very-very high level.
          We accept cards but mostly do it here on the island.
          If you feel not sucure pls wait until you get to the resort and have also the choice to pay cash.
          Kind regards
          Michael"

Ummm...ok? I emailed him back asking if he has a paypal account I could send the payment to, but have not heard a response yet. I guess I'll wait til I get there to pay him.

#205 misstoya

misstoya
          • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:16 PM

How did you put together the welcome bags (I'm assuming they were for guests)? I believe it was pic 41 in the album. That was so cute and I really wanted to do that for my guests.

#206 chicago88

chicago88
            • 699 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:53 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lizz
              Ok, so Michael sent me the Advanced Booking form for photography and I filled it out and sent it back. I asked him how I should pay him and he wanted me to email my credit card # to him. I told him I was not comfortable doing that and asked if he had a secure server I could send the info to. His response was this:

"We are not a special internet shop with all the technical requirements to do online shopping the very-very high level.
              We accept cards but mostly do it here on the island.
              If you feel not sucure pls wait until you get to the resort and have also the choice to pay cash.
              Kind regards
              Michael"

Ummm...ok? I emailed him back asking if he has a paypal account I could send the payment to, but have not heard a response yet. I guess I'll wait til I get there to pay him.
              Lizz-I would just wait until you get there. He sent me that form too and I just went in the photoshop after I met with Chandlyn & made an appt. You can go over everything then. Just make sure you talk with him either the day you arrive or the day after. Remember that there is a 5% service charge for using credit card.

Therese & Jay

#207 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:27 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by chicago88
                Lizz-I would just wait until you get there. He sent me that form too and I just went in the photoshop after I met with Chandlyn & made an appt. You can go over everything then. Just make sure you talk with him either the day you arrive or the day after. Remember that there is a 5% service charge for using credit card.
                Thanks for the advice! I'm going to do just that!

#208 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                • 802 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:24 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by chicago88
                  Remember that there is a 5% service charge for using credit card.

does this apply for everything or just the photoshop? what about using traverler's checks? Since those are just like cash, they shouldn't charge anything extra right?

#209 jmhein

jmhein
                  • 665 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:34 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by md_ocr
                    does this apply for everything or just the photoshop? what about using traverler's checks? Since those are just like cash, they shouldn't charge anything extra right?
                    5% credit card surcharge is just at the photoshop. He doesnt charge a surcharge for traveler's cheques or cash. So we paid him with traveler's cheques and paid all other wedding costs with credit card.
                    ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#210 chicago88

chicago88
                    • 699 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:16 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by md_ocr
                      The photoshop is the only place I encountered that charged a 5% service charge for using a credit card. I'm sure you can use travelers checks without a service charge but double check with Chandlyn.

Note - The DJ only accepts cash!

Therese & Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users