Flowers, Photographer Riu OR

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#191 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:06 AM

That just seems ridiculous. Why couldn't you hire him for 2 different functions? I mean someone else could hire him from 4-5 and then another person could hire him from 9-11, so why couldn't he do that for the same person? He seems like trouble to me. I guess that is one good thing out of me not being a Riu bride! Finally, cuz I needed one thing!

#192 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
    • 679 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:32 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by FutureMrsButler08
      Lizz...hi my name is Alex. I think that I am going to use Michael only because I am like you, pictures are important to me but as many pictures that will be taken, it is not huge in my opinion. It seems like things will go more smoothly if I just use Michael. So I am with you...even though I am not 100% pleased with his work and attitude.

I seem sort of behind because I have not contacted Chandy at all and my wedding is in June. My TA says that as of now, no details are needing to be made as of yet. So I am just getting all of my ideas together.

You need to at least make your dinner reservation and reserve the disco. There are 3 weddings/day, so if they get to it first, you will have to replan.
      Brittney & Peter
      July 12, 2008
      Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#193 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:34 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BrittneyD
        You need to at least make your dinner reservation and reserve the disco. There are 3 weddings/day, so if they get to it first, you will have to replan.
        I agree with Brittney, you should definitely contact Chandlyn soon to reserve your dinner!

#194 jmhein

jmhein
        • 665 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:24 PM

For those of you who ARE going with Michael as your photographer... did you book him in advance? I am just going with the free package and adding my upgrades from there, so I emailed him asking if I could book him now to appear at my Feb 12 wedding, and this was his response:

Hello Janelle,

You don´t really need to book but if you want to, we would make a remote credit card charge and you would have booked by this then.
          Let me know!
          Kind regards
          Michael

Ummm..... I'm confused!! Do I have to book or will he just appear anyway? I dont really want to have him charge my credit card already! And he doesnt mention WHAT the credit card charge amount would be? Anyone else have any insight into this? I emailed him back asking what the amount of the charge would be and have received no response... been a couple of weeks now...
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#195 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
          • 203 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:30 PM

The photo packages have changed as I found out last week. No you dont need to book online now, but yes you need to stop by the photo shop prior to the wedding and look over the packages. For the "free" wedding you PAY 150.00 US for a photographer to come to your wedding Paid prior to the wedding, BUT you get 10 pictures included in that price. You can buy more, we only bought 2 at 8.00 each. For the royal package you DONT pay anything for the photographers fees BUT YOU GET NO PICTURES INCLUDED. You get 10 free WITH A Purchase of 24 pictures and 24 pictures cost 240.00. This is the only reason why we changed from a royal package to the free wedding.

#196 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:55 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jmhein
              For those of you who ARE going with Michael as your photographer... did you book him in advance? I am just going with the free package and adding my upgrades from there, so I emailed him asking if I could book him now to appear at my Feb 12 wedding, and this was his response:

Hello Janelle,

You don´t really need to book but if you want to, we would make a remote credit card charge and you would have booked by this then.
              Let me know!
              Kind regards
              Michael

Ummm..... I'm confused!! Do I have to book or will he just appear anyway? I dont really want to have him charge my credit card already! And he doesnt mention WHAT the credit card charge amount would be? Anyone else have any insight into this? I emailed him back asking what the amount of the charge would be and have received no response... been a couple of weeks now...

I emailed him a few months ago and he said I didn't have to do anything prior to my arrival at the resort. After we get there, then we go meet with him and figure it all out. I wouldn't give him your credit card info now, I think you'll be fine if you wait til you get there.

#197 jmhein

jmhein
              • 665 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:13 AM

Thanks for the advice ladies! I'll try emailing him again and just tell him what I would like (videographer as well) and let him know I will firm up the details with him once there.
                Jerzzygirl - that's interesting about the fee and package changes.. hmmmm....
                ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

#198 jmhein

jmhein
                • 665 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:15 PM

Bumping for all the new ROR brides!

#199 jmhein

jmhein
                  • 665 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

Good info here for all you new ROR brides!

#200 Heidi

Heidi
                    • 2,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:11 PM

for ROR newbies & myacuna!
                      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users