• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#101 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lizz10179
    Just finally heard back from Chandlyn... there is NO FEE to use an outside florist!

Also, there is a $2.00 per bag fee for the front desk to distribute your OOT bags.

If Chandlyn emailed you, make sure you print that out and take the email with you or have her add it to the wedding contract or something. I would hate for you to get down there and there be an extra charge for using the outside florists!
    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#102 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:27 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by twinkletoes
      If Chandlyn emailed you, make sure you print that out and take the email with you or have her add it to the wedding contract or something. I would hate for you to get down there and there be an extra charge for using the outside florists!

I am DEFINITELY planned on bringing copies of all my emails with Chandlyn, so there is no confusion when I get down there.

#103 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
      • 298 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

Did anyone find out from Michael the photographer if there is a vendors fee? I really want to look into hiring the photographer from Negril.

#104 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by RiuBride2b
          Did anyone find out from Michael the photographer if there is a vendors fee? I really want to look into hiring the photographer from Negril.
          I haven't heard. Have you, Heidi?

#105 robindepaula

robindepaula
          • Banned
          • 514 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:30 PM

put your photographer on your guest list & make sure they are staying at the resort . . . shouldn't be a problem, but I could be wrong. Not sure what Heidi heard since she booked with me.

#106 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:16 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lizz10179
              I haven't heard. Have you, Heidi?
              I didn't email him because I hired Robin! She is a guest at the hotel for the minimum stay, so no problems. I have written permission from Riu and I will certainly be printing that email out and bringing it with me (just in case!)
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#107 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
              • 679 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

Hey ladies! I am bringing my own photographer from home. I contacted Michael directly to negotiate. I have read some some reviews where Photo Shop sabataged the photos because they have a contract with Riu that Riu is not suppose to breach. He told me that if I pay $150 and still hire them for my video it will not be a problem. I would recommend that you contact him if you are bringing your own photographer. He does not work directly for Riu, so you want to have an agreement in writing from him, not just Chandalyn. I would hate for any of you to spend the extra money to bring your own photographer, and then run into problems with Michael. He was very flexible with me.

Brittney
                Brittney & Peter
                July 12, 2008
                Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#108 robindepaula

robindepaula
                • Banned
                • 514 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:15 PM

Wow . . . how were the photos sabotaged

Thanks for the info.
                  Robin

#109 Spazz

Spazz
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:17 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by robindepaula
                    Wow . . . how were the photos sabotaged

Thanks for the info.
                    Robin
                    Robin, I heard that people were walking in front of the cameras and even one case where they took the photographer's film! If I remember where I read that, I'll let you know, I honestly can't think of it right now!

#110 jmhein

jmhein
                    • 665 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

HI ladies, sorry to change the topic, just wanted to say yayyyy!! So glad I came to this forum and found all these other Riu Ocho Rios brides! There are so many of us! I found all the bouquet pics and prices posted in this thread super helpful!!!
                      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users