Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RiuORBride2B

Flowers, Photographer Riu OR

Recommended Posts

I am sure you can, but there are some great resources on-line. You can even order from a company that will send you samples, so you can make sure it is exactly what you want. Just don't buy these until it is closer to your wedding, because they will lose color over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
the more I think about it.... freeze-dried petals will be MUCH more environmentally-friendly. They're not really THAT much money either: Freeze Dried Rose Petals - Petal Garden $16.95 for 8 cups here. maybe I'll do that...

but silk is $17.99 for 1,000 petals: Silk Rose Petals Value Packs

hmmmmm decisions, decisions!
I was just thinking about the environmentally-friendly part, how on earth would they clean up all those silk petals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittneyD View Post
I would do freeze dried if I only needed a small amount, but would need 1200 to do a dense aisle. That would get expensive really quickly.
Brittney - I have been looking different places online and found rose petals as cheap as $8.99 for 1000 on ebay. I definitely thought they'd be more expensive. Do you think we only need 1000 or so for the whole aisle?

On another note, I've also found aisle runners for a lot less than what RIU is offering. I wonder if I brought my own, if I could use that instead? How long is the aisle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The aisle is 5 feet wide and about 15 yards long, so I am going to plan for 5x50. I am going to do a dense aisle, and that is 100 petals/square foot, so I will need 25,000 petals to do this. You will not need nearly this many if you are going for a scattered look. I will probably buy less than than that to begin with, just to make sure I would really need that many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lizz, I am sure you can bring your own aisle runner. Is the one you found cloth? I don't know if it will hold up on the beach if it isn't. The cloth ones may weight too much to bring on your own too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittneyD View Post
The aisle is 5 feet wide and about 15 yards long, so I am going to plan for 5x50. I am going to do a dense aisle, and that is 100 petals/square foot, so I will need 25,000 petals to do this. You will not need nearly this many if you are going for a scattered look. I will probably buy less than than that to begin with, just to make sure I would really need that many.
I'll probably do a scattered look, so I guess maybe 10,000 petals? Does that sound right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittneyD View Post
Lizz, I am sure you can bring your own aisle runner. Is the one you found cloth? I don't know if it will hold up on the beach if it isn't. The cloth ones may weight too much to bring on your own too.
If I don't end up getting the rose petals, I'll just use the aisle runner RIU offers. It's probably easier than carrying more stuff down there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I found:

 

Aisle, coverage per 100 petals: 1 square foot for dense, 2 square feet for moderate, 5 square feet for light

 

I think 10,000 will be more than enough for a scattered aisle. According to this, you will only need 5,000 for light coverage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittneyD View Post
This is what I found:

Aisle, coverage per 100 petals: 1 square foot for dense, 2 square feet for moderate, 5 square feet for light

I think 10,000 will be more than enough for a scattered aisle. According to this, you will only need 5,000 for light coverage.
Great! Thanks for finding that for me, Brittney. I'm clueless when it comes to things like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×