Sign in to follow this  
RiuORBride2B

Flowers, Photographer Riu OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz10179 View Post
Robin, I heard that people were walking in front of the cameras and even one case where they took the photographer's film! If I remember where I read that, I'll let you know, I honestly can't think of it right now!
Oh, we'll definetely have a problem if they mess with my stuff!!! I shoot digital so no film to worry about, but they had best stay away from my bag of goodies!!!

Thanks for the warning!!!
Robin

I don't think that they will mess with your stuff. I just read that they try to jump into all the pictures, and make it almost impossible to shoot. This can all be avoided if Michael is contacted prior to the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittneyD View Post
Hey ladies! I am bringing my own photographer from home. I contacted Michael directly to negotiate. I have read some some reviews where Photo Shop sabataged the photos because they have a contract with Riu that Riu is not suppose to breach. He told me that if I pay $150 and still hire them for my video it will not be a problem. I would recommend that you contact him if you are bringing your own photographer. He does not work directly for Riu, so you want to have an agreement in writing from him, not just Chandalyn. I would hate for any of you to spend the extra money to bring your own photographer, and then run into problems with Michael. He was very flexible with me.

Brittney
I didn't get permission from Chandlyn. I contacted the wedding sales dept for Jamaica. Here's my email from them:

Dear Heidi,

Thank you for contacting RIU Sales Wedding Department

Yes, you can use the photographer you are bringing as a guest for your wedding.

If you shall require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards,

Carolina Miranda
Sales Wedding Coordinator
Ocho Rios & Negril, Jamaica
Weddings By Riu
America's Division
Phone: + (52) 984 877 23 20
Email: weddings05@riu.com
Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu

This site is so helpful!! I don't know what I would do if I hadn't found this site.

What day are you going to fly down for your wedding? I am having mine February 7th but I have a bunch of guests coming form Alberta for my wedding. I wonder if you will be there the same timehuh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhein View Post
HI ladies, sorry to change the topic, just wanted to say yayyyy!! So glad I came to this forum and found all these other Riu Ocho Rios brides! There are so many of us! I found all the bouquet pics and prices posted in this thread super helpful!!!
We're glad to have you here!!! pinkie.gif

Heidi... Just make sure that you also contact Michael from PhotoShop. He runs his own company, so there is no one affiliated with Riu, that can confirm that the agreement is okay with PhotoShop. I would hate for you to run into problems with him when you get down there. I will be paying about $6000 for all my photography by the time I am done, so I made sure to cover all of my bases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittneyD View Post
Heidi... Just make sure that you also contact Michael from PhotoShop. He runs his own company, so there is no one affiliated with Riu, that can confirm that the agreement is okay with PhotoShop. I would hate for you to run into problems with him when you get down there. I will be paying about $6000 for all my photography by the time I am done, so I made sure to cover all of my bases.
I just emailed him; thanks!

Ladies,

Just wanted to let you know that the rose petals offered by Tai Flora only have about 100 petals per bag for $40. They come in pink, red, yellow, peach, or ivory. I will probably use silk petals or find another vendor. I am planning to have a rose petal aisle, rather than using an aisle runner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchie View Post
This site is so helpful!! I don't know what I would do if I hadn't found this site.

What day are you going to fly down for your wedding? I am having mine February 7th but I have a bunch of guests coming form Alberta for my wedding. I wonder if you will be there the same timehuh.gif
Hi Pouchie! I am not sure if you were talking to me with this post but I will answer it anyway! cheesy.gif We are flying out of Calgary on February 9th! How long will you be at the resort? You know what's funny, my original wedding date at the Riu was February 6th!! But we have guests flying out of Calgary as well as we WERE going to have my fiance's family flying out of Halifax because they live in New Brunswick... anyway, Sunquest CANCELLED that flight out of Halifax so we had to move everyone to the NEXT week in the hopes that we could all fly out of places near us. Then Sunquest AGAIN cancelled the new flight but I wasnt about to reschedule the wedding a 2nd time so now the East coast guests will have to fly out of Toronto... Bit of a long story there, sorry! Anyway, that would be very neat if you will still be at the resort when we arrive!! I live in Grande Prairie, where are you?