Sign in to follow this  
MissM

Los Cabos weather in March?

Hi everyone!!

I am currently getting married at Dreams Los Cabos in May 2010. However we may have to reconsider the date and do it in March 2010 instead. Apparently the charter flights from Edmonton stop in April so booking air and hotel separately has not been working out so well- the airfare alone is very high!! And it's supposed to be low season so I don't get it.

Sooo...I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the weather was like in March. Is it still hot during the day? what are the evenings like? Is it windy? I have checked weather websites and I expect it to be a bit cooler, but I really want to know if it gets windy at night, because then that would interfere with a nice outdoor reception. That is why I wanted May so much. Anyways, any input would be so so helpful to us so we could make a final decision. Thanks everyone!!

I have been to Cabo in March a few times and the weather is quite nice, however, every time I have been (in March) it's for Spring Break. Just something to think about if you are looking to do a nice reheral in Cabo San Lucas, it could be overrun with college students and may be a little more wild than what you are anticipating!

My FI and I were in Cabo in early April and it was beautiful!! Perfect weather! Sunny skies with little to no clouds, but very breezy (which was good due to how hot it was). The weather during the day was 80's but it did get a little chilly during the evening. We definitely needed a sweater or shall for dinner. I don't feel like the evenings were overly windy, so I think you would be okay for a March wedding. You might was to talk with your WC, she probably would have better advice than myself! :)

I got married in March of this year. The weather was good, but not perfect. It was only a few degrees cooler than I would have liked. A few days before the wedding, it was windy and I was slightly worried. However, the weather at our rehearsal dinner and post-dinner beach party on the evening before our wedding was perfect. It warm enough (I work a summer dress with no jacket/sweater at night and was fine). On our wedding day, it was cool enough that my husband kept his jacket on all evening. I was fine though in my strapless wedding gown and did not need sweater, although I noticed that many of the female guests had a thin cardigan or wrap on. During the daytime, it was sunny and warm enough that most guests spent the day at the pool.

Also, someone above raised a good point -- spring break. We had the same concern, so scheduled our wedding for the last weekend before spring break started. The majority of the tourists in Cabo are from California (where we live). So we researched when the spring breaks were for all the high schools and universities and scheduled our wedding before then. Our timing turned out to be perfect, we thought!

Keep in mind most spring breakers cannot afford Dreams and will most likely stay at a cheaper resort in Cabo. Since I'm a teacher, we had to follow the spring break Easter vacation timing and we found there were a lot of families at Dreams during our stay (good and bad)...hehe. I think stelladiver has the right idea of scheduling around those crazy college kids' schedule, you can't go wrong!

Thank you so much for the info ladies!!! It really helps me out a lot!!! Just by chance- do you know roughly when spring break is for all the colleges and high schools?

It depends on the year, so I would look online or call the UC and Cal State schools. This year, the last day of school before spring break for the majority of CA schools was March 20. So we decided to get married on March 14. We wanted the last weekend possible to get the warmest weather, but early enough to miss the spring breakers. Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelladiver View Post
It depends on the year, so I would look online or call the UC and Cal State schools. This year, the last day of school before spring break for the majority of CA schools was March 20. So we decided to get married on March 14. We wanted the last weekend possible to get the warmest weather, but early enough to miss the spring breakers. Hope that helps!
Thank you ! That helps me out a lot and gives me a good idea of around when to expect U.S. spring break :)