Photo

Which dress do you like better?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 adhinsa

adhinsa
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:56 PM

Okay, I moved to a new city and have few friends I can depend on to look for dresses. My bridesmaids have come with me a few times, but are busy girls. I went shopping the other day and am trying to decide between two dresses. What do you think? I am 5'10", slim, and have olive skin to give you a better idea of who would be wearing this. Thanks for your input!

Option A: Ruby - by Maggie Sottero

Option B: Reese - by Maggie Sottero

I like option A a little bit more, however I know that some people think lace is too much for the beach, etc. They are basically the same price.

#2 estella1007

estella1007
    • 475 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:58 PM

I love the second one. It's very popular here. Quite a bit of the girls on here have that dress and its gorgeous!

#3 A2Bride

A2Bride
      • 676 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:58 PM

Personally I like the second one, however I have learned that YOU need to make the final decision based on your "gut" feeling. Your perfect beach wedding dress is whatever you decide to wear! Good luck...let us know your decision!

#4 poohshek

poohshek
        • 1,456 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

Do you have pictures of yourself in these two dresses? Based on your height and figure, I am leaning towards option B. Brides that are not flat-chested tend to pull off "Reese" better but it all depends.

#5 HappyBride

HappyBride
          • 44 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

You won't lose with any of those dresses. They're gorgeous, and they're made by Maggie Sottero!! I think the Reese dress is so nice, and it looks light and breezy, a perfect destination wedding dress. but I have to go with Ruby.. probably cause I am a fan of the lace up back, and the detailing of the dress is stunning. it's one of a kind. Go with what you want, and what is going to make you happy!! best of luck!!!

#6 ~Keira~

~Keira~
            • 1,338 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

I like option A. It's similar to my dress and I picked it for the lace in particular. I think it's going to look lovely with the lace overlay dragging along on the sand.

My advise is to go with the one that you like the most so you don't risk being unhappy when it arrives in a few months from now.
              ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#7 courtney_b00

courtney_b00
              • 417 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

Those are both beautiful...but are you getting married on the beach? I mean you can wear whatever you want of course, but I think Option B would look great on the beach!

#8 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
                • 2,754 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

For a taller person I think I like Option B

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:10 PM

I love #1. I had a lace and beaded gown on the beach and wouldn't have changed a thing!

(I added a poll for you...)

#10 LIW

LIW
                    • 197 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

My personal preference is for A. However, it's your wedding and you should wear whatever dress you want! If you like lace, then wear lace. Your dress doesn't have to be "beachy" just becuse you're having a DW. You should pick the dress you love!
                      http://www.weddingco.../rbe6xizbgt.png

38 people plus bride and groom coming to Cuba!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users