Pricing for Beaches Negril

I'm curious what others have paid (either for a week or per night) at Beaches Negril, and at what point (meaning how many guests) do you get some kind of price break?

When I originally made our reservation, we anticipated a very small wedding and were thinking maybe a dozen people, including us - so only like 5 or 6 rooms. And at that time out cost was pretty close to the pricing on the Beaches web site. However, our guest list has now grown and we are probably expecting double our original guest count - probably 20 - 30 people. Do I need to try and re-negotiate with our TA? Or is our group still too small to expect anything other than the going rate? Should we discuss a group rate?

I know discussing cost makes some people uncomfortable, and I'm not trying to offend anyone - so I'll apologize ahead of time for that. But if anyone is willing to share what they have paid, I'd love to hear your opinion on this.

Your TA should have gone over group options with you prior to booking(however if you told her only 5 or 6 rooms there may not have been a reason too).

Sandals does not discount off of the published rates- at all-ever. They do have other programs in place for Dw's that provide additional amenities for the bride & groom based on numbers of rooms booked.

These can include an upgrade plus a welcome dinner and a per person credit towards your reception which can add up nicely! They also do a mani-pedi for the bride, massage for the groom and a few other nice touches.

If you qualify for those upgrades and aminities will depend on how your TA booked the wedding ( and if you originally did not expect that many rooms she may have booked through a supplier).

As far as a standard group contract- they have to be put in place prior to the rooms being booked and can not be retroactive.

A note on the price- Sandals has had so many promotions over the last 8 months that pricing would be all over the board-no two couples will pay the same amount-even if they were traveling on the same exact dates.

Thank you both for the feedback! No one has booked yet, we only just sent out our save the dates last week so I think we should still be ok to change to a group rate - I hope. My TA is supposed to have the group rate info to me by today.

I wish I would've found this site before I started planning - you guys are so helpful!!

Tried to post this before..not sure if it went through so sorry if it posts twice!

I am getting married at beaches negril. I knew I had a lot of guests(75 confirmed at Beaches!)coming so I booked the Group weddingmoon package(3 night stay for the bride & groom required). Because we have more than 10 rooms booked we will get the following concessions:

-wedding ceremony

-complimentary room upgrade for our room

-mani & pedi for me, massage for him

-30 minute cocktail reception

-Rehearsal dinner(for guests staying at beaches)

-1 complimentary room for every 25 rooms booked.

The price for your guests will depend on when you book. When I booked, Beaches was offering a 60% off sale. I was able to hold this rate(the rates change all the time) for 60 days so that my guests could take advantage of it.

You ABSOLUTELY have time to change your reservations to a group weddings booking! If Beaches gives you a hard time about changing your booking, cancel your existing reservations(you will receive 100% refund on your deposit since you are so far away from your wedding date) and contact the weddings group department to re-book. MAKE SURE you contact the weddings group department about rates and included concessions. The regular reservations department has no idea about group weddings and they will give you the wrong information! Hope this helps! Good Luck!!smile78.gif

Thanks for the info! 75 people? wow - That's awesome that you have so many people willing to travel for your DW. When is your date?

I actually received more info about the group rates today. The pricing is only a teeny bit better than our original quote (about $50 overall per room, not per night), but by booking the group rate we get the extras that you listed above, plus I think it said a private rehearsal dinner was included as well. I think this how we'll end up going, but we'll see.

September 5, 2009..in about 6 weeks! I am so excited!The price my guests received was $168 per adult per night & $42 per child per night(for the cheapest room category). Yes..the rehearsal dinner is included. I would really like to do the private dinner reception, but It seems like such a waste to pay all that money for a reception at an all-inclusive.

Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to point out that you two are discussing two seperate group options that Sandals offers - one is the group code which used to lock in the rates for 60 days -only in the initial room category that was booked-this has since been completely discontinued) and the standard group contract.

The offer pretty much the same exact group amenities- just slightly different structures and advantages/disadvantages.

Just wanted to clarify for anyone else looking at this post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jennifer View Post
Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to point out that you two are discussing two seperate group options that Sandals offers - one is the group code which used to lock in the rates for 60 days -only in the initial room category that was booked-this has since been completely discontinued) and the standard group contract.

The offer pretty much the same exact group amenities- just slightly different structures and advantages/disadvantages.

Just wanted to clarify for anyone else looking at this post!
Awwe..when did they get rid of the group lock rate? what's the difference between the group lock rate & the standard group contract?