Any Dress Boutique Recomendations in NYC?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SDSteph

• 812 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

So I am going to be in the city on Monday and don't want to pass up the opportunity to try on dresses while I am there. Can anyone recomend a fab place to go in the city that is not crazy NY expensive. Thanks
    Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#2 DGG

• 275 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:57 PM

Try RK Bridal - it can get crazy at times but they have discounted dresses and you can get a great deal. It's on 39th btwn 9th and 10th. You don't need an appointment but get there early and try to go on a weekday b/c the weekend can be crazy.
      Also - bridal garden (WeddingDay) it's on 21st btwn 5th and 6th. It's a somewhat small place but they have high-priced top designer dresses that are donated and sold at a greatly reduced price. And, the money you pay for the dress goes to a charity - I forget the details but you can check our their website.
      You definitely need an appt so call first (212) 252-0661.

#3 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
      • 582 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

I got my dress at Wedding Atelier: Shop designer wedding gowns, bridal veils, wedding shoes, and bridal accessories in our New York bridal shop.

Had a wonderful experience there and highly recommend.

#4 TightyWhitey

• 181 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:20 PM

I'm a Pronovias bride so I HAVE to point you in the direction of Pronovias and their NYC flagship salon located at:

14 East 52nd Street with 5th and Madison
          New York, NY 10022
          (212) 897-6393
          Pronovias - Vestidos y trajes de novia - Wedding dresses and bridal qowns - grupo

#5 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:12 PM

I'd also recommend RK. It's like a big warehouse with tons of dresses in a range of prices. I had a good experience the 1st time I went there with an assistant named Sheryl (I think that's her name) & will definitely go back & ask for her. One of my friends also had her & bought her dress there. One nice thing is that they price match so you could possibly find your dress elsewhere cheaper but still order it from them. Have fun shopping!!

#6 SDSteph

• 812 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:22 PM

Thanks ladies, I just told my FI that he needs to find something do do in the city for a few hours while I go dress shopping. Ha Ha Can't wait flight leaves in 5 hours =)
              Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#7 sperger

• Banned
              • 474 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

Enjoy the city!! We're supposed to have some good weather again!

#8 weddingchick

• 1,052 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:34 PM

Oh have fun! The weather is definitely great this wkend!!

I also recommend RK and wedding atelier for lots of selection. For the select designers, try Saks, Cymbeline, Mark Ingram, Vera Wang... Have a fabulous time!

#9 angruck

• 248 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:38 PM

I am also a pronovias bride----loved their dresses---and reasonably priced!
                    Angela & Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users