Photo

AHR in a few weeks...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:22 AM

And I still don't know what to give as favors for the guests!!! I also don't have a solid number of guests yet ... I really have NO idea what to do ... I don't want to do something too expensive, but I want to do something Cuban related as that's where we were married, but I'm running out of ideas!!

I was thinking maybe a mini bottle of rum with a starfish decoration and thank-you card with our picture .... does that sound too cheesy??

You girls have the best ideas and I know I've been a bit absent lately, but it's SO hard to get back into the swing of things after such an amazing getaway ... LOL yes, it's taken me nearly 2 months to get my head back on straight ... :-p

#2 akbeach

akbeach
    • 169 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:28 AM

Good luck deciding.. the rum bottles sound cute. We decided not to do favors since we are having two AHR but do people expect them?
      http://cancunphotos.bigfolioblog.com/
      Photo by Sascha Gluck from Cancun Photos

#3 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
      • 475 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:16 AM

The bottles of rum sound like a good idea.

We got married in Jamaica. I'm doing a palm tree cookie (palm trees were part of our theme) and tied to the bag I am going to attach a postcard printed at VistaPrint explaining we made a donation to the Alzheimer's assoication in memory of our grandmothers.
        Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#4 ashey063009

ashey063009
        • 604 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:04 AM

Definitely in the EXACT same boat. I felt so secure in our DW plans-- but the AHR is a WHOOOOOLE new story.
          DH and I were thinking of making copies of our wedding DVD for those that couldn't be there, and pair it up with a cute photo magnet of us. It's a tough one, but I LOVE the idea of the little rum bottles! Very Cuban, very cute.

#5 ashey063009

ashey063009
          • 604 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:05 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jamaica0619
            The bottles of rum sound like a good idea.

We got married in Jamaica. I'm doing a palm tree cookie (palm trees were part of our theme) and tied to the bag I am going to attach a postcard printed at VistaPrint explaining we made a donation to the Alzheimer's assoication in memory of our grandmothers.
            I LOVE the cookie idea-- too cute! And the donation is a beautiful idea. :)

#6 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
            • 1,572 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:26 AM

These are cute ideas! My mother-in-law is throwing us a backyard party on Sunday as our AHR, but I hadn't even thought about giving favors...

#7 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:32 AM

We did a donation to the Leukemia/Lymphoma society in memory of FIL. We had a table top tiki torch on each table, so we just hung a little sign from each one explaining that.

#8 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
                • 512 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for the responses ladies!! It seems my AHR favor dilemma was solved for me. .. I found out a few days ago that my aunt is making the favors with little boxes of candies and starfish and heart charms that can be worn afterwards!

And I was unsure about the favor thing at first too ... but it seems that, after talking to a few guests, people see this as a "wedding" even if we don't. So they're going to bring gifts ... so we feel we have to do something for them as well.

Now I have to find a dress ... yes 1 1/2 weeks away and I still have nothing to wear .... **panic**

#9 ashey063009

ashey063009
                  • 604 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

I love the idea of a donation-- any tips on how to go about doing this? How did you execute the signs to explain this to guests? Individual cards, or a sign on the favor table?

#10 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
                    • 475 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:24 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ashey063009
                      I love the idea of a donation-- any tips on how to go about doing this? How did you execute the signs to explain this to guests? Individual cards, or a sign on the favor table?
                      I used VistaPrint to create a standard postcard which explained the donation we made in honor of our grandmothers, which I will give to each person.
                      Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users