Photo

Question for Riu brides

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 saltocoach

saltocoach
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:05 AM

Hi Ladies. I am in the process of menu planning and I was just wondering what you had for your menu. What did you like and dislike? I'm a feeder and food is really important to me at any event. I would like to get some opinions before finalizing my menu. Thanks so much!

#2 DestCabo10

DestCabo10
    • 49 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

i just attended another family members wedding at riu santa fe recently we ate at the steakhouse terrace and had rolls, ceaser salad and chicken, the rolls and salad are very good but the chicken was very dry and not much flavor i would however recomend the steak we ate there another night and ordered the steak and it was one of the best steaks ive ever eaten. hope this helps

#3 Kelly C

Kelly C
      • 2,051 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:16 PM

I had the steak, but our guest ordered off the menu. I did not have to select for everyone. They had their own choice.
        Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#4 KimmyG

KimmyG
        • 520 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

My understanding of a reception at a Riu restaurant is that it's still a restaurant, everyone gets a full menu and orders whatever they like. I like it this way :)

#5 saltocoach

saltocoach
          • 235 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:21 AM

I won't be having my reception at the restaurant. Instead we will be having a private function at the pool so I need to choose from the private event menu. Some of the food on there sounds good but I've never tasted it. Just overly nervous I guess...

#6 gettingmarried

gettingmarried
            • 174 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:33 PM

were looking to get married at the riu palace and were looking to have private function by the pool, how much does it cost and does it cost extra for the food?

#7 saltocoach

saltocoach
              • 235 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:13 AM

It's a $500 site fee and it is extra for the food. It can range from $38 - $58/pax. We chose the $48/pax option. We are not paying for a bartender though becuase the bar is only one set of stairs away. We saw the set up when we were there for a site visit and were sold.

#8 gettingmarried

gettingmarried
                • 174 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

Do you know if you had the private beach reception would there be a close enough bar for people to go to? Or do you think it's to far away?

#9 saltocoach

saltocoach
                  • 235 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

If memory serves me correctly, the beach reception is held just below the steakhouse. I believe there is a set of stairs that go up about 2 flights that will lead you directly to the bar. We also saw this set up on our site visit. Very private!!! They will have the tables in the sand but they construct a dance floor and walking area out of plywood. My dress has a chapel train and is lace so I prefered to have the stone walking area. My worst nightmare is to have my dress tear on a peice of wood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users