Photo

I’m back, I’m married, and everything was FABULOUS!!!

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#1 MarieSam

MarieSam
  • VIP Member
  • 2,336 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:49 AM

This post is so overdue, I got home late Sunday night but it has been such a pain getting back into the swing of reality after spending two wonderful weeks in paradise! But I’m back and everything was better than I could have ever imagined – it was a little crazy leading up to the welcome dinner and wedding but both events were incredibly wonderful I know for sure I could not have had such a perfect wedding without this forum! Thank you all for your support, ideas and inspiration!! If I could bottle up my wedding experience, I’d share it with all you brides and grooms to be because it was truly the happiest days of my life

I am going to try and post a full review sometime this week and then more in-depth reviews on different aspects of my wedding, including my uber late planning thread that I just didn’t have time to complete before I left. But I did take pics of everything so I promise to follow through on that gals!

Until I get more time to post the full thread here are some of the highlights with pics of course :

1) Akumal is the most beautiful, best kept secret in the Quintana Roo –if you haven’t picked a wedding location yet GOOD GOD consider Akumal – it is a piece of paradise that you will instantly fall in love with!!! It's a small town with no big hotels, just a bunch of amazing villas, condos and smaller hotels. We stayed at the Casa Romero property (Click the image to open in full size.

Our Welcome Dinner in the courtyard:
    Click the image to open in full size.

The amazing beach I got married on:

2) Our friends Ismael and Silvia of Sauce Vacations (best transportation/tour company in Cancun/Riviera Maya) – are saints!! In a nutshell – they gave us a 14-passenger van to use for free throughout our stay, they picked us up from the airport (a party of 30) in a bus and drove us to Akumal, they provided tours and transportation for all our guests, they provided a taco man for our welcome dinner and a fantastic all-female mariachi band that was the bomb!!! We love this family, if you use them let em know MarieSam sent you and they will take extra special care of you – Here's their website:Click the image to open in full size.

*****more to come with pics!!!!

#2 MarieSam

MarieSam
    • VIP Member
    • 2,336 posts
      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:49 AM

3) Jennifer Smith of Turtle Bay Caf© is the best damn wedding coordinator, caterer, cake baker in Quintana Roo!!! She is God sent and can create the wedding of your dreams – food is unmatched, her cakes/desserts are to die for (her tres leches cake is like good sex, hehehe). And best of all – my wedding ended up being under budget – she is fantastic!!!! Contact her at Click the image to open in full size.

Tommy and his dad wearing his “free” vistaprint “Father of the Groom” hat, lol.

My cute ass parents, love em!!

Will post more pics...hopefully later today!!!! Love ya all

#3 ndinn

ndinn
      • 29 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:02 AM

Congratulations! Your pictures look great. You looked amazing! Glad eveything went well.

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:11 AM

OMG MarieSam .... fabulous pics and I know the best are still yet to come! Akumel sounds absolutely AMAZING and like heaven on earth! I have added it to my list of plces to visit - and stay in your private villa!!!

#5 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:12 AM

Congrats, glad you had an amazing time
            July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#6 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:47 AM

Congrats welcome back Mrs!!! You looked so beautiful!!!!
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#7 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
              • 600 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:51 AM

Yeah! You worked so hard for this. Your pictures are gorgeous. I am so thrilled that everything was wonderful.

#8 Banana11

Banana11
                • VIP Member
                • 8,841 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:54 AM

Congrats MarieSam, you looked stunning!! Can't wait to see more pics!

#9 staceyp

staceyp
                  • 6 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:54 AM

WOW! if our wedding looks half as special as yours i will be happy!

#10 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
                    • 2,115 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:58 AM

Congrats. Your wedding looks like it was amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users