Calling Canadian/Winnipeg brides

Hey Winnipeg Girls!

Hope you all enjoyed the holdays! It was break from all the planning but now that the new year is upon us...it's back to all the craziness, especially with my wedding being in 4.5 months!! eeeeek!

This is a post for the Winnipeg girls who own pets... Does anyone know of a good place to send our dog for the week that we are away? He is our 15 year old poodle/terrier who needs good care since he is aging. We don't know anyone who can take him for the week and though would like to have someone come to the house to check on him and let him out during the days, we know it's probably not convenient or practical to have someone come over 4 or more times a day. We also prefer not to have someone stay in the house for the week either.

Any recommendations for kennels? Hotels? Places for me to read reviews?

Thanks!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jenn!

Ya we were going to make them, nothing crazy either! hangover kits, first aid kit, crossword/soduko books, deck of cards, tube for the water, etc..

We went out today to start looking, we saw the cutest bags at dollarama, fuschia pink mess with black handles (which is our wedding colours), the only down side was thats its mesh, so not so practical to bring down to the beach sad.gif so we didnt get them. We will wait till the spring when summer stuff starts coming back in.

We did get a few packs of glow in the dark bracelets from Michaels today, 1.50 for a pack of 15! We will use them for one of the nights!!

How many guests are you guys looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn&Kraig View Post
KPEG,

We also have a dog we will have to kennel (1.5 yr old pommernian). We are going to contact Woof's N Waggs on St Anne's, we took our dog there for puppy school, so if they can't take him, I'm hoping they can at least recommend a place!
Please let me know if they take dogs for a week. I see they have a daycare on their website. That was one I looked at online before too but didnt go further. Now that it's getting closer I need to get serious! I was going to look into Centennial Animal Hospital on Pembina (way out of our way but what can you do?!). They look ok, but I need to contact them for more info. I'll share any info I get from them.

Thanks.

Hey 3diamonds!

Congrats btw!!

36 sleeps, and you just joined! Wow very exciting!! You have some catching up to on this forum!!

Nice to meet another Winnipegger!!

so drop the details!!!? Did you do a website? dress? Did you guys do a social?

I am still over a year away, so I'm gathering all the input I can!! lol

Hey KPEG!

Well I heard back from Woof's N Wags. They do not provide a boarding service, and only recommend a facility called Waldenway which is locatd in St. anne (just outside the city). Here is there website:

Waldenway Canine & Kitty Camp

I have sent them an email to inquire as to what the costs are, I will will update you once I have more info!

Hey Girls! I don't have a dog to worry about, but I do know that my FI cousin have used Waldenway before and their dog loved it. I don't know about costs or anything, but I do know the dog loved the lake! LOL Now granted its a bit out of the way (they live in St.Anne), but its probably worth it to know your dog is happy.

Good luck finding a kennel. That's such a hard job!!

3diamonds welcome to our little club!! You're wedding is so soon! We definitley need all the details! I don't know about the other girls, but I'm the first person I know who is having a DW, so any advice you have when you get back will be much appreciated!

Good luck with your last minute details!