Calling Canadian/Winnipeg brides

I ended up doing the STD's as soon as we confirmed things with our TA and the resort. That was back in April, so it gave ppl a good year of notice. We have a website, but ppl aren't checking back often enough to see the updates I think. I am in the process of sending out the formal invitation right now (21 more to go!), with all the extra info, including when and where our AHR is. Then I am having them RSVP to both the DW and AHR all at once. Hopefully it works.

A girl I know who is also getting married at my resort, but in January did an idea I kind of liked and wished I had thought about. She sent out an invite/STD magnet combo. It was still informal b/c she didn't have a confirmed date for the wedding. But she then asked the guest to RSVP to let her know if they wanted further information/travel information and to provide their email. Then once she got the details she sent out an e-vite.

Just another option :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ladies, I ended up doing just a paper invite - no STD, with a reference to RSVP on our website, I am planning to send a brochure type of newsletter when I have more people confirmed. Unfortunately I'm probably going to have to call people to bug them about RSVP-ing, I sent them far in advance so I didn't put an RSVP date on them which I kind of wish I did. Oh well, it's not that hard for me to call/email most people. Happy planning cheesy.gif

Hey girls, in an abrupt change of topic:

I've seen a lot of past and future brides on here doing a boudoir session / book for their FHs. Does anyone know of photographers (by experience, word of mouth or reputation) here in Winnipeg who do boudoir sessions? I've googled Winnipeg photogs, but it's not yielding good results for me.

Hey girls!

I thought I'd join in on the fun seeing as I am a 'Pegger. I got married on April 1, 2009 at the Iberostar Lindo in the Mayan Riviera. It's great that there are so many of us from Winnipeg on here. When I first joined, I think there was only one other bride from Winnipeg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss View Post

Here's a question for the Winnipeg girls. Did you get your dress here in the city? Or head down to Fargo / Grand Forks or Minneapolis?
I could not justify spending a fortune on a dress so I drove down to Minneapolis to look at David's Bridal. I ended up buying the first dress that I tried on! I could've taken the sample dress home that day but I wanted a new one so they ordered it in for me and had it shipped to the David's in Fargo. I did have my alterations done here though.

I had a great experience at David's Bridal. I actually was just at Stella's here in Winnipeg with my friend who is looking for a dress and I noticed that they have a rack of dresses for destination weddings.

Quote:

I've seen a lot of past and future brides on here doing a boudoir session / book for their FHs. Does anyone know of photographers (by experience, word of mouth or reputation) here in Winnipeg who do boudoir sessions? I've googled Winnipeg photogs, but it's not yielding good results for me.
Hey Joss, My photographer does them :) she is going to be doing some for me before the wedding aswell. she is very open and easygoing ! her website is Photos by Krista if you wanna check her out !

On another note I am very interested in knowing where everyone got their invitations done, if it was with a local company or if they made them themselves ? We want to do photo invitations done and am not very DIY savey and have been struggling with this the most out of everything...ugh

Quote:

I looked into it a little bit before my wedding but ran out of time to do it. So I decided to save it and get BD photos done for a one year anniversary gift.

Here are a couple of the photogs that I found...

Elcheshens 231-1234 (When I called them, they told me it was a $95 session fee, pretty reasonable I thought)

Kamp photography 792-8217

Nghia Tran photography 997-6946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan's girl View Post
I could not justify spending a fortune on a dress so I drove down to Minneapolis to look at David's Bridal. I ended up buying the first dress that I tried on! I could've taken the sample dress home that day but I wanted a new one so they ordered it in for me and had it shipped to the David's in Fargo. I did have my alterations done here though.

I had a great experience at David's Bridal. I actually was just at Stella's here in Winnipeg with my friend who is looking for a dress and I noticed that they have a rack of dresses for destination weddings.
Thanks for the advice. I did end up buying my dress from David's Bridal. It should be here at the end of September, yippee! I would love to know where you got your alterations done, and if you were happy with them. It's crazy hard finding a tailor / seamstress without going through a bridal shop, and definitely not one that takes months to do.

I'm curious, how was the duty and tax coming through the border?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgregorash View Post
Hey Joss, My photographer does them :) she is going to be doing some for me before the wedding aswell. she is very open and easygoing ! her website is Photos by Krista if you wanna check her out !

On another note I am very interested in knowing where everyone got their invitations done, if it was with a local company or if they made them themselves ? We want to do photo invitations done and am not very DIY savey and have been struggling with this the most out of everything...ugh
Thanks for the heads up. I emailed her and am waiting to hear back. As for our photo invitations, we did a postcard type one with the stamp as a photobooth picture of us (I'd post a picture but I'm still a tool at that kind of stuff). A friend of mine is a graphic designer, so that helped!

Quote:
I looked into it a little bit before my wedding but ran out of time to do it. So I decided to save it and get BD photos done for a one year anniversary gift.

Here are a couple of the photogs that I found...

Elcheshens 231-1234 (When I called them, they told me it was a $95 session fee, pretty reasonable I thought)

Kamp photography 792-8217

Nghia Tran photography 997-6946
Those are some I came across too. None of them showed examples of their portfolio in this area. I came across one girl's BD photos on here that were utterly gorgeous! (but her photographer is in New York). Keep me posted and let me know how you like your photog. I may end up doing them afterwards also.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

Sweet info. I'm picking up my dress this Saturday. I'm torn between having alterations done there or locally (i'd prefer locally actually). Where did you have your alterations done in Winnipeg? Were you happy with the end product? Would you recommend them?