So many ROR Brides what about RTP or RN? Should we switch to ROR?

Just having second thoughts on RTB not sure why but there seems to be so many going to ROR we decided to check it out and we liked it but not sure which is better. Any thoughts/opinions/help would be greatly apprecieated booking this week for next April...

While I am biased because I was a ROR bride, if you were thinking of RTP or RN I think that you should take a look in the Jamaica sub-forum & browse the RTP & RN wedding reviews. There are BDW brides who were married there & they have posted reviews & have had pleasant experiences just as ROR brides have.

Since you mentioned those resorts which are in Negril, I guess its safe to say that you wanted to get married in Negril. Was there any reason that you chose Negril over Ocho Rios in the first place?

I went to a wedding at ROR and checked out RN as a possible wedding location during the same trip. The ROR is basically a larger and newer version of RN. I didn't get to see RTB but I assume that since it's a Palace and not Club it's a little more upscale than the other two.

One of the main things you might want to consider is if you prefer Ocho Rios or Negril, since they are very different. Negril is much more laid back than Ocho Rios. Hard to say which is better, it just depends on your style. Also, before you start thinking about it too hard, check that ROR has a date available that works for you. After getting my mind set on ROR I went to book it for a Saturday in April only to find that every day for 3pm and 4pm they were booked (even during the week!) sad.gif

We pretty much chose RPTB based on the pictures and review of the beach. Oh and that it got upgraded last year to a "palace". Not much difference b/w RN and RPTB really. We had lunch at RN -- its just bigger, more people. You can check out my review and there are a few others from RPTB if you do a search. Feel free to PM me if ya want. Personally I'd get married at any of the 3 in JA!

I went to RTB last summer and we had a great time. We also went over to RN for a drink since it's right down the beach. It seemed like there were a lot more people and a lot more kids. We are getting married at RMB on Sat. so I'll let you know how it is. We chose that location because it is closest to the airport and we didn't want FI's 83 year old grandma have to sit in a bus for an hour and a half to go to ocho rios or Negril. I think they are all prob fabulous though

Yeah, 7-mile beach in Negril is known for being one of the nicest beaches in JA. It's a really long stretch (hence the name :) ), the sand is nice, and the water is very calm. Another nice thing about it is there are lots of locally-owned hotels along the beach that have ocean-view restaurants. There's also Margaritaville and a few other bars to hang out at on the beach. RTB and RN are at Bloody Bay beach, which is just to the North of 7-mile (like a $3 cab ride). Bloody Bay has nice sand and water too, it's just not part of the long stretch. That said, the beach at ROR is nice too. The water has more waves but nothing too rough.

The price is definitely different between Negril and ROR ... When I initially looked it was ~$1500 for hotel alone .....I've been to both and think I may have actually loved the RTB more ... it's a palace so its a tier above the Clubhotels and basically it had the same amenities, minus the disco .. the beaches were amazing also ... the ROR food when I went stands out to me more .. RTB was good but alot of their paella had octopus or something in it lol .. I chose the ROR moreso for the cost to my guests .....