Photo

Medical Insurance outside the US

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

I was just informed by our Medical Benfits Coordinator that our Medical Insurance does not cover us while traveling outside the US. So I case of a Medical Emegency, and one of us has to go to the Hospital or becomes sick. We would be required to foot 100% of the Hospital Bills. After we return to the US we would have all medical records and bills translated in english and then our insurance company would review the claim and maybe reminburse us. So we are getting Medical Insurance for US Resident Traveling outside of the US. I have attached the form if anyone else is interested in getting this insuance. We think is well worth the cost and peace of mind. It's only $4.00 per day per person.

Attached Files

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

that's good. I know the travelers insurance that my guests got covered health issues while away but you would have to pay while in DR and than were going to get fully reimbursed when you got home. Thankfully no one needed it.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

yeah it's good to have - I sell HTH Travel Insurance (I'm an insurance agent) - but I've never heard of Medex (HTH is one of the bigger ones) so make sure you research and make sure it is a reputable company.

If anyone has any questions on medical travel insurance let me know

and your US policy will cover you in case of life threatening emergencies only - so broken bones are not life threatening just fyi....heart attack, stroke, etc is.

#4 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

HTH is also less - about $2 per day for the best policy if you are in your 20's and 30's - just an fyi

#5 NaM

NaM
          • 2,256 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

We got insurance for the whole trip in case we had to cancel or anything happend. Ours included extended health coverage. Our TA set everything up and it's included in our trip cost. We also put this in the information letter so people knew about this and could purchase it if they wanted.

#6 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
            • 2,115 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

Thanks ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users