Photo

JA Brides ..where are you .. check in

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 blumenthale

blumenthale
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:44 PM

Just picked out the brides maid dresses, hired a photographer, and picked invitations. taking Mom to dress shop this weekend.

#22 cutedimplestee

cutedimplestee
    • 487 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:53 PM

I have done the following:

Ordered dress, purchased shoes
      Picked bridesmaid attire (not ordered yet)
      Mailed Save-the-Dates
      Venue Booked
      Photographer Booked
      Wedding Website almost complete
      Purchased beach towel for OOT bags

I still have 8 months left and quite a few things to do.

#23 wemkulaf

wemkulaf
      • 190 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:01 PM

• RIU Negril confirmed and booked
        • I have my websites done - I did 2 sites, one for the guest who are traveling and one that is more of an announcment for those who aren't.
        • luggage tags done
        • Mailed STD magnets and cards
        • Photographer selected and made deposit
        • Engagment Session confirmed
        • Started buying items for OOT Bags
        • Autograph plate bought for Guest to Sign

#24 NotYourAverageDW

NotYourAverageDW
        • 361 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:01 PM

Hey everyone. I've been away for awhile - life got hectic, I got sick, bills needed to be paid, and I am horrifically underemployed so that is really hurting us financially. But our date is in May, 2011, maybe even a little later. We're still working out our details, but we really are working on our finances. Until those get sorted out, nothing gets booked...but we're hoping to start booking by early Jan/Feb next year. Wish us luck!

And congrats to everyone whose big day is almost here, here or has gone! :-)

#25 Reya

Reya
          • 174 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:29 PM

Venue - Check Grand Palladium Booked, waiting for everyone to get booked too, so far, we have 20 booked.
            Dress - Check
            His Suit - Check
            Sent out Invites - Check
            Photographer - check although he still needs to book (it's a friend of mine)

Still to do:
            Figure out what to do for favours/gifts
            Ditto for some decor ideal
            Make a Monogram
            Pick Menu
            Figure out wardrobe for the entire week.....LOL.

#26 islandbride317

islandbride317
            • 1,866 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:22 PM

Geesh! I can't believe I haven't posted to this thread already.....and I call myself a proud Jamaica-bride-to-be!

So far, we have:

* Booked/put down deposit for May 11-15 in the Honeymoon Penthouse Oceanfront Concierge Room @ Sandals Grande Ocho Rios (confirmed wedding date of May 14th, 2010 @ 2 pm)

* Booked/put deposit down for May 15-18 in the Royal Honeymoon Grand Luxe Beachfront Concierge Room @ Sandal Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay (a little mini-moon just the two of us!)

* Booked and put the deposit down on our off-resort photographer (Alain) of Brian Nejedly Photography in Ocho Rios, JA for a combined portrait session (with guests) and TTD for John and I at both a beach and a falls location

* Bought 3 wedding dresses (my Sottero & Midgley for the ceremony; a really cute, simple A-line dress from David's Bridal for my AHR; and a $75 cheapie dress off of eBay for my TTD)

* Ordered tropical invitations from Invitations by Dawn, and my custom, logo-based RSVP postcards from Allurements by Rebecca (BDW member becks) and we're mailing them out later this week!

* Began scouting locations to hold our AHR (we're thinking of having it in October 2010, about 6 months after our wedding since we are paying for it ourselves and need a little time to save!)

* Selected/purchased bridal jewelery, (2) veils, and headpiece, shoes

* Bought both of our wedding bands

* Bought really adorable woven palm favor bags (from BDW member estella for a great price!)

* Selected my bouquet, (2) mother's bouquets, (2) father's boutonnieres, (1) groom's bout, and (1) special hair flower for my sister from Roberta at Plumeria's Wedding Flowers Boutique online (purchasing them in October)

* Created detailed month-by-month Excel budget spreadsheet/timeline of what else we need to do:

* Book flights
              * Get passports
              * Finish paying for resort
              * Finish deciding what photos/DVDs we want to purchase from Sandals
              * Buy OOT bags/assorted contents (customized t-shirts, mugs, misc. filler items like Tide-to-go pens, aspirin, Immodium, aloe, bug repellent, sunscreen, etc.) for guests after RSVPs have been returned
              * Buy materials (already selected) for sand ceremony

GOOD THING I still have close to 8 months to get all of this done!

Keep up the good work and planning, my fellow Jamaican bridal goddesses!

#27 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
              • 2,233 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:58 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by islandbride317
                Geesh! I can't believe I haven't posted to this thread already.....and I call myself a proud Jamaica-bride-to-be!

So far, we have:

* Booked/put down deposit for May 11-15 in the Honeymoon Penthouse Oceanfront Concierge Room @ Sandals Grande Ocho Rios (confirmed wedding date of May 14th, 2010 @ 2 pm)

* Booked/put deposit down for May 15-18 in the Royal Honeymoon Grand Luxe Beachfront Concierge Room @ Sandal Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay (a little mini-moon just the two of us!)

* Booked and put the deposit down on our off-resort photographer (Alain) of Brian Nejedly Photography in Ocho Rios, JA for a combined portrait session (with guests) and TTD for John and I at both a beach and a falls location

* Bought 3 wedding dresses (my Sottero & Midgley for the ceremony; a really cute, simple A-line dress from David's Bridal for my AHR; and a $75 cheapie dress off of eBay for my TTD)

* Ordered tropical invitations from Invitations by Dawn, and my custom, logo-based RSVP postcards from Allurements by Rebecca (BDW member becks) and we're mailing them out later this week!

* Began scouting locations to hold our AHR (we're thinking of having it in October 2010, about 6 months after our wedding since we are paying for it ourselves and need a little time to save!)

* Selected/purchased bridal jewelery, (2) veils, and headpiece, shoes

* Bought both of our wedding bands

* Bought really adorable woven palm favor bags (from BDW member estella for a great price!)

* Selected my bouquet, (2) mother's bouquets, (2) father's boutonnieres, (1) groom's bout, and (1) special hair flower for my sister from Roberta at Plumeria's Wedding Flowers Boutique online (purchasing them in October)

* Created detailed month-by-month Excel budget spreadsheet/timeline of what else we need to do:

* Book flights
                * Get passports
                * Finish paying for resort
                * Finish deciding what photos/DVDs we want to purchase from Sandals
                * Buy OOT bags/assorted contents (customized t-shirts, mugs, misc. filler items like Tide-to-go pens, aspirin, Immodium, aloe, bug repellent, sunscreen, etc.) for guests after RSVPs have been returned
                * Buy materials (already selected) for sand ceremony

GOOD THING I still have close to 8 months to get all of this done!

Keep up the good work and planning, my fellow Jamaican bridal goddesses!
                Good grief you are so organized. Congrats on that! I thought I was super organized but I think you have me beat!!! LOL
                July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#28 jawedding

jawedding
                • 197 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

Ooooh this is a good one! I'm totally off track (got busy with work, school, shower, etc.. not really in the wedding planning mood anymore).

I have exactly 4 months until my wedding

DONE:
                  Date confirmed
                  STD's out
                  Invites ordered
                  Dress ordered
                  BM dresses ordered
                  Ordered my wedding band

NOT DONE:
                  chosen/ordered/bought groom outfit
                  ordered groom wedding band (it's chosen.. we're procrastinators)
                  ditto groomsmen
                  thought about decorations
                  ordered chair ties
                  gotten in shape (haha)
                  figured out photography
                  ditto videography
                  figured out makeup
                  welcome letter
                  wedding playlist
                  decided on music (ie.. dj, or ipod)
                  OOT bags (but they're started!)

NOT DONE (but can be done at resort)
                  chosen flowers
                  settled on a menu (although we have an idea)

I only have FOUR months.. this is a reality check.. i need to get it in gear, big time!
                  33 People Booked!!

#29 Stamperamma

Stamperamma
                  • 432 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:49 PM

We only gave ourselves 14 weeks to plan the wedding so everything is on fast forward:

Booked flights and paid for them
                    Booked Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton and for our accommodations for two weeks
                    Booked wedding for November 28 ,2009 and paid for it
                    Booked photographer - not paid
                    Bought dress - needs to be fitted
                    Made cake decorations
                    Bought oot bag supplies
                    bought oot bags
                    designed, ordered and picked up monogramed insulated drink mugs
                    Made jewelry for both myself and MOH
                    Ordered flowers and paid for them
                    Ordered and paid for TTD
                    Designed, completed and sent out invites
                    Bought our rings
                    Bought shoes
                    Picked our 1st dance song
                    MOH dress purchased
                    Need to:
                    buy outfit for groom
                    Wedding gift for groom
                    I think that is about it. I hope.

Dea

#30 CarlyChristine

CarlyChristine
                    • 160 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:49 PM

Ugh! I have done nothing!

I'm going to Jamaica to visit a couple of places for 4 days in November. I'm not 100% on my locations. I still really want to get married next June. Hopefully if I don't start serious planning until I get back I can still get everything done! I guess we'll see!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users