January 2010 brides!!

~*Lisa*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam View Post
Are you guys doing placecards for each person or table? Also, are you doing a seating plan? I really hadn't given that any thought.....
I made some guestbook cards and on the back I was going to write each person's name and just have them set out on the table. We're only going to be about 20 people, so it won't be too difficult to do! Here's the link to my guestbook cards http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...k-cards-46678/ I haven't added the names yet, but I'll do it as soon as I know final numbers!

So I was thinking that for once, instead of stressing ourselves out with our to-do lists that we should change it up for a bit. Where is everyone getting married and why did you choose that location?? I'll start.

We're getting married at the ClubHotel Riu in Negril Jamaica. We choose Jamaica because it's an easy country to get married in and because I was there for my cousin's wedding in 2008. She got married at ROR, so obviously we didn't want to go back. I work with a guy who is from Jamaica and he suggested Negril. So we looked into it and sure enough, it looks amazing!! So that's how come we ended up there. We chose a RIU because the ROR was amazingly beautiful and they did a great job with my cousin's wedding. I'm so excited to go. I can't believe time is flying by so fast!!!!!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are getting married at Dreams Punta Cana, PC, Dominican Republic. Originally we chose Mexico, but too many people getting killed and then H1N1 flu. So, we switched it to Varadero, Cuba but too many of our American friends/family wanted to go, so we switched it to DR.

We chose our hotel because our neighbours from our cottage and my best friend had both been there and raved about it.

Off topic for one second though, has anyone started to get organized with the legalization process for their wedding? The 3 month mark is here and I'm getting overwhelmed again... :)

We are getting Married at Sirenis Tropical DR. We chose DR because it is one of the places we like to go as a couple and has some sentimental meaning to us. We ended up at this resort because we didn't want our guests to spend to much and wanted to get a good group of people attending. It is a 4+ star so not quite as expensive as a 5 but still nice. The people attending are more important then the location to me! We should have 40 or more by the time we go. We will be upgrading to Dreams for our second week there with just the 2 of us!

We just decided that we are going to do the legal stuff here b4 we go. It will end up saving us approx $ 1000, and a lot of stress. Then we will do a symbolic ceremony down there. Our guests will remain unaware of this, and we will consider our wedding there the real thing as this is where we will do our vows and ring exchange etc.

Just over 2 months to go now! We announced last Jan, WOW time fly's!! Getting excited now!!

time is sure flying on my end too---talk about wedding nightmares - I dreamt the other night that I took out my dress on my wedding morning and put it on and it wasn't my dress. It was a see-through dress with a mini skirt and in my dream I had bought blue panties (as my something blue) and I had to walk down the isle and everyone could see them!!! ahhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzeekitty View Post
time is sure flying on my end too---talk about wedding nightmares - I dreamt the other night that I took out my dress on my wedding morning and put it on and it wasn't my dress. It was a see-through dress with a mini skirt and in my dream I had bought blue panties (as my something blue) and I had to walk down the isle and everyone could see them!!! ahhhh
lol OMG that is a nightmare but funny though. Could you imagine?!

I'm so happy today because the WC from our resort finally contacted us. I'm getting my documents notorized this friday and sending them off. AHHHHHHH!! not much time left now. We still have to decide on music and finish our OOT bags.

How are you ladies doing?

Hi ladies - Can't believe I just found this thead NOW!!!! :)

Time is definitely getting away from us!

These are the things I have done:

Dress - Just came in but I have to go try it on

FIs suit - Purchased but needs to be tailored.

Ceremony - We put together a draft, but might need to tweak it a bit.

MOH/BM Outfits - Ready to go!

Still need to do:

OOT bags - I have been going back and forth on whether or not to do these.

Order decor for wedding - We are just having a cocktail reception, but I am trying to decide what decor to purchase for this.

Pre-travel brochure/letter - I want to create something to send to all of our guests ahead of time.

Plan an off-site gathering for guests.

I feel like I am missing a LOT!

Hey ladies - We have accomplished a few more things lately! We have ordered our wedding bands, I am almost done our DIY place cards, I got my shoes, purchased OOT bags.......still a few more things to do - we have to fill out all the paper work for the WC - get FI's attire, MOH attire, I have to get fitted for my dress, get jewellery, finish OOT bag contents, MOH and best man gifts...... probably there is more. This is such a great place - I love logging on and checking in with my fellow January brides! Just a few short months left ladies!