Help! Any Tips/Advice for my 1st dress shoppinge excursion
Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:06 PM
Take your time
Don't bring a lot of people with you, just a couple of people is more than sufficient
Take your camera and have someone take pictures of you in all the dresses
Wear full coverage underwear
Don't feel as though you have to make a decision that day
Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:30 AM
- do NOT bring a lot of people! I brought 6 BM my mom and a friend the first time I went and it was a DISASTER!
- bring the most honest people, you don't want people telling you that you look nice if you don't! but don't bring mean people that tell you that you look bad in everything that you like (my SIL, lol!)
- I felt so pressured to get something right away and I was stressing, but they never expect you to get it right away so you have time.
- Also some stores do not let you take pics so write down the style numbers of the ones you like so that you can look them up online.
it is fun but overwhelming! just go and have a good time :-)
Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:53 PM
| Originally Posted by sspiris |
Pretty funny the girl came into the room with me and just stood there, I figured that she was waiting for me to get undressed so I took off my dress, she just kept standing there and I asked her if I should take off my bra aand she said yes so there I was toppless and she slipped the dress over my head. Kinda funny I thought I was gonna have a porn moment. My FI was excited to hear about it. lol
Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:27 PM
1. bring your own strapless bra. I found the ones they had in the store didn't fit well and were stretched out.
2. Do your hair and makeup. (You don't have to be all done up, but it helps to have more of a "going out look", since you are trying on fancy dresses). I also wore my hair up, since that is how I am going to wear it for the wedding. It really helped in getting the whole "vision"
3. Bring high heel shoes.
4. Bring examples of what you are looking for. (depending on the shop, sometimes they don't let you pick out your own dresses.
5. Do not share your budget. I told the one shop what my budget was, and they only showed me dresses that were around that price.
6. When in doubt try it on. Many times things look alot different in the bag.
7. Don't let the sales person push you into anything. Many of them will try.
8. Bring a camera to take pictures, that really helps in evaluating the ones that you like.
9. Bring any accessories that you have that you are absolutly planning to wear. My friend had vintage clips from her mother (who wore them on her dress) that were passed down to her, so it was imperative that whatever dress she selected, could work with the clips.
10. have fun. Wedding dress shopping can be daunting at times, but over all it is lots of fun. Enjoy!!
Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:51 PM
Bring a strapless bra and heels
It's okay to go alone or bring 1-2 people.
Don't get discouraged. My first shopping excursion was a nightmare. I showed the sales person dresses that I wanted to try on but they were not flattering on me. I took pictures and when I got home I could see how awful they looked. The sales person actually liked some of them... she wasn't helpful in helping to find one that fit my shape.
After this I went back to square one and have been to two other places. Now I have an idea of what looks good and doesnt look good on me.
Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:48 PM
| Originally Posted by Sheree10 |
I took pictures and when I got home I could see how awful they looked. The sales person actually liked some of them... she wasn't helpful in helping to find one that fit my shape.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users