Dreams cocktail hour pricing

This is officially my first post...yea! We are having our wedding at Dreams Los Cabos on May 14, 2010. Our ceremony is at the gazebo and our reception is at Oceana Terrace. My question is this: If we have our cocktail hour at Oceana Terrace as well, is it all bundled into the one $29/person private event fee? If we elect to have our cocktail hour at the beach or El Patio, will we be charged an additional $29/person fee for a total of 3 fees (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Teas View Post
This is officially my first post...yea! We are having our wedding at Dreams Los Cabos on May 14, 2010. Our ceremony is at the gazebo and our reception is at Oceana Terrace. My question is this: If we have our cocktail hour at Oceana Terrace as well, is it all bundled into the one $29/person private event fee? If we elect to have our cocktail hour at the beach or El Patio, will we be charged an additional $29/person fee for a total of 3 fees (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception)?
hey alex,

usually if you have your reception at the gazebo, you can have your cocktail hour at el patio and it is not an extra fee since el patio is near the gazebo...it may be extra to have it at the beach as there is alot more set up involved.

Congrats!!! This site is great and so helpful when beginning planning! We are also having our wedding at the gazebo and dinner at oceana. We chose to do our cocktail hour at el patio/gazebo and it's only two charges (one for ceremony and one for dinner). We were fortunate to view a wedding at the gazebo while on vacation and the cocktail hour at the gazebo looked amazing! It's nice to finish the ceremony and have cocktails still at the gazebo/ocean front. Let me know if you need pictures or you can take a look at my site visit review and there are plenty. Good luck and congratulations!

• 1 month later...

Thank you! I checked out your review and the pics are awesome. During the cocktail hour did you notice if there were special tables (maybe high cocktail tables) set up for the wedding guests? I know that the restaurant is open at the time so how was the wedding group segregated from the rest of the hotel guests?

Did you notice how the appetizers and drinks were being served (passed or stationary)?

Also, is the restaurant open during the ceremony as well? The restaurant looks awfully close to the gazebo so I'm concerned there will be a bunch of onlookers. Did this seem to be a problem?

Hey Alex, I had these concerns as well but none of the other brides mentioned people eating like right beside where you get married.

I have heard and talked to my WC that they put up a sign to say that it's a private event and people are pretty respectful of it.

If you have your wedding at the gazebo, the closest restaurant is El Patio, which is only open for breakfast (from what I remember). There is another restaurant called Seaside and that is more by the pool so the guest shouldn't be all up in your business :) We have decided to do the cocktail hour at El Patio for this reason. They set up a large appetizer table on the grass right beside the restaurant and some tall small tables for your guests. I believe your guest just help themselves. I am also doing a signature drink of tequila sunrise punch for my guests. We then are having our dinner at Oceana so it's a bit more private. When we were there we didn't like the fact that the Cascada Terrace was right by the main pool (out in the open) and people were fairly close to your wedding. At the Oceana Terrace you are set up by the adult pool and it's tucked in the corner of the resort. They do set out a sign stating it is a private event/party and people do respect that. If you have any other questions Alex Teas, let me know! We'll have to help each other since our weddings are a month apart! How exciting!