Destination Wedding Ideas That Are Hot!

source: www.goarticles.com

A destination wedding is a wedding that takes place in a location that is not home to either the bride or the groom or their families. Couples may choose a location that they have always wanted to visit for the location of their destination wedding. The couple may also opt to have their wedding in the location of their honeymoon so that there honeymoon will start immediately after the wedding. There are certain advantages and disadvantages to having a destination wedding. One of the most defining advantages is the ability to have a wedding in a beautiful and exotic location. Another advantage to a destination wedding is that if you choose to honeymoon in the same location you will first of all already be at your honeymoon location at the conclusion of the wedding and furthermore you will likely receive a discount on your honeymoon stay because you have already had your wedding at the location. One of the distinct disadvantages of a destination wedding is that the planning process can be difficult and that you are often unable to fully enjoy the planning process. Another disadvantage to destination weddings is that they are typically not well attended due to the fact that travel is expensive. A destination wedding can be used as the opportunity to enjoy a long weekend with close friends in a convenient location. The following are a few tips for turning your destination wedding into a fun-filed extended weekend for your guests.

Choosing a scenic location such as Colorado for your destination wedding can offer your guests a variety of fun activities to participate in either before or after your wedding. The couple could choose to have their wedding on a ranch or at a ski resort and there are a wide variety of activities available for the couple to participate in. Some of these activities include skiing, mountain biking, rock climbing and hiking.

Las Vegas is another popular destination wedding location. The lure of a Las Vegas wedding is that there is so much to see and do in this city. Guests can choose to spend their free time gambling, taking in shows or visiting the many famous restaurants in the area. Guests can also choose to visit some of the extravagant and world famous hotels in the area.

Another popular destination wedding location is Mexico. This is a popular location for a couple of reasons. Many couples choose to honeymoon in Mexico so that reason alone makes it an ideal destination wedding location. Also, the warm weather and beautiful white sand beaches provide a beautiful setting for a wedding. Guests who arrive early or choose to spend a few extra days in Mexico will not be disappointed with the available activities. Scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing, sunbathing and travel to ancient ruins are just a few of the activities that the guests can enjoy while in Mexico.

New York City is still another popular destination wedding location. Guests who travel to a destination wedding in New York City have a variety of activities to choose from while they are vacationing. Museums, plays, operas and sporting events are just a few of the available activities that guests may choose to partake in. Besides these activities, New York City also has some of the best people watching available in the world. The city is literally teeming with interesting characters that delight visitors with their idiosyncrasies. Additionally there are many nightclubs and restaurants that are definitely worth trying.

A destination wedding is basically a wedding and vacation combination. The key to hosting a great destination wedding is to choose a location that provides your guests with a beautiful background as well as a wealth of activities to keep them entertained for at least a few days. Although a destination wedding may sound perfect, it is important to realize that there are a few downsides to hosting a destination wedding. One problem is that many guests will decline your invitation because they are either unable or unwilling to travel for the wedding. This can also work to your advantage by limiting the number of guests as well. While you may be disappointed if close friends decline your wedding invitation, you are likely to be relieved that you do not have to pay for distant relatives or casual acquaintances at your wedding. The advantage, however, to a destination wedding is that the couple does not have to travel for their honeymoon and that the guests have the luxury of spending a few day in an exotic location.

About the Author

Ex Wedding Planner Assistant Reveals How Anyone Getting Married Can Put At Least $2474.11 Back Into Their Pockets... You may reproduce this article as long as the hyperlink is accompanied with it.

Hi everybody!!

I´m getting married on November and to planning my destination wedding I contacted to a wedding planners in Dominican Republic. They are so nice and professional. Their website is www.ilikeplaning.com. Hope they can help you with your wedding planning!!!

Hi everybody!!

I´m getting married on November and to planning my destination wedding I contacted to a wedding planners in Dominican Republic. They are so nice and professional. Their website is www.ilikeplaning.com. Hope they can help you with your wedding planning!!!

• 3 months later...