Photo

Wedding Day Schedule of Events

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tad515

tad515
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:09 PM

I'm curious to hear what everyone's wedding day events are starting with the ceremony, regardless of resort. Are you doing a cocktail hour, private dinner, dinner at a restaurant, reception, etc... Are you keeping your guests occupied during your pictures? Or are you suggesting they go to a resort bar and get a drink for example? Are you having a mariachi and if so, when are you having them play?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'd love to hear details....but in a nutshell!! ( :

- Tracy

#2 march132010

march132010
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:21 PM

Were doing cermony, cake and drinks on beach, then a reception the day after--- good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Shinbinea

Shinbinea
      • 182 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:51 AM

Were doing ceremony @ 4pm, pictures (we may book a cocktail party for the guests - but if not I'm sure they can find there way to the nearest bar :), then a private reception @ 6:30pm (with dance - debating DJ vs Ipod).

#4 jesmcan

jesmcan
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:09 AM

Hi,

We are acctually doing our pictures before the ceremony we are getting married at 5pm. I don't want to miss the sun for pictures :) We also decided it would be nice to have our time together during the chaos. We are than having the cocktail hour at 6pm followed by the reception from 7pm - 12am. We are having the mariachis play during the cocktail hour. Originally this was diffrent because we were planning a non-resort wedding in playa. So we were going to have guests just go to a bar for a drink. We ended up deciding on the The Royal Playa Del Carmen because we want a more private affair. Good luck! Let us know what venue you end up picking.
          The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#5 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
          • 1,681 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:22 AM

We are doing the ceremony at 5pm with a mariachi band playing, then a cocktail hour, then a dinner reception at an on site restaurant. The night before we will all be eating dinner together as a group-kind of like a welcome dinner.

#6 nibsmom

nibsmom
            • 564 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

We are doing...

Ceremony - 1pm
              Cocktail Reception - 145 to 245
              Informal Meetup at the Lobby Bar - 245 to 6
              Dinner and Dancing Reception - 6 to 10

Both the cocktail reception and dinner reception are private. We'll probably do our pictures after the cocktail reception. The bar meet up is optional and informal - just a place for guests to meet up if they want to keep the party going for a little bit. I doubt that people will meet up for the entire time.

I wish we could have gotten our ceremony later - but no luck there!!

#7 tad515

tad515
              • 163 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:40 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by tylersgirl
                We are doing the ceremony at 5pm with a mariachi band playing, then a cocktail hour, then a dinner reception at an on site restaurant. The night before we will all be eating dinner together as a group-kind of like a welcome dinner.
                So, is the mariachi band playing when you walk down the aisle? I love the "welcome dinner" idea!

#8 tad515

tad515
                • 163 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by nibsmom
                  We are doing...

Ceremony - 1pm
                  Cocktail Reception - 145 to 245
                  Informal Meetup at the Lobby Bar - 245 to 6
                  Dinner and Dancing Reception - 6 to 10

Both the cocktail reception and dinner reception are private. We'll probably do our pictures after the cocktail reception. The bar meet up is optional and informal - just a place for guests to meet up if they want to keep the party going for a little bit. I doubt that people will meet up for the entire time.

I wish we could have gotten our ceremony later - but no luck there!!
                  I actually really like the idea of the "informal meetup" in between the cocktail hour and dinner. That makes me want to have an earlier ceremony!

#9 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
                  • 305 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:57 PM

We are having our ceremony at 4 p.m. followed by Cocktails for an hour. I am not sure
                    what time our dinner will start, I am guessing 6:30 or 7. The resort hasn't given me these details, I only know the ceremony time for sure.
                    http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
                    [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#10 spatzle

spatzle
                    • 36 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:28 AM

In June the sunset is around 7:30 pm. and my WC suggested me:

4:30 - 5:30 pm. Bride & Groom photo session
                      5:30 - 6:00 pm. refresh my make up
                      6:00 - 6:30 pm. Ceremony
                      6:30 - 7:30 pm. Photos with friends and family while guests are having cocktails
                      7:30 - 8:00 pm. Get everyone seated for bride and groom reception entrance song
                      8:00 - 9:30 pm. Starts Dinner
                      9:30 - 10:00 pm. Cake, Toast and first dance
                      10:00 pm. Party starts now!

The sunset is the most important thing for me, so the program depends on it. You can also check out the sunset-sunrise, weather and moon calendar in her site (Links) Yazmin De La Mora - Weddings & Catering Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users