Ceremony Wording?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 scrouse

• 185 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:01 AM

We also wrote our entire ceremony, word for word. We just wanted to make sure that everything was relevant to us, as a couple. I am so excited to hear it all put together on our big day!! It will be so meaningful and personal!

#12 CherylMc

• 211 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by bsullivan2
      We did use the vows from the resort. The minister did a really good job. We did a sand ceremony and brought the wording we wanted the minister to read. He did a great job. When you meet with Chandlyn just give her the copy of your ceremony and she will pass it along to the minister and he will review it before the actual wedding.
      May I ask what wording you used for the sand ceremony?

#13 wemkulaf

• 190 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:52 PM

We will be using our own wording too, think it makes it more personable.

#14 eec129

• 108 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:48 PM

I have created my own ceremony based on different things I have found online. We are doing a civil ceremony, but are also doing the sand cermony, and a ring warming where we will pass the rings so all the guests can give their own "blessing" for the marriage. I am really excited. I like what we came up with much better than the vows they normally use.
          44 booked plus bride and groom!

#15 KJT1985

• 694 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:33 PM

There's a huge thread in the general wedding section about ceremony scripts. I pulled different pieces from multiple ones there. We'll probably just take our own and say "this is what you say" and that's it.

#16 hermosahoops

• 199 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:43 PM

For those of you that have brought your own scripts, did the officiant just read from the paper then? I worry that it will be really impersonal to have them just read out loud to everyone, and not know anything by heart...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users